Popular Tags: [View All]
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Doppelganger 17er 3

An Anniversary Game representing 2014

DATES & TIMES

Starts: June 15, 2015

Dusk: 1:00pm - 2:00pm
Night Actions Due: One hour following Dusk
Dawn: No later than 3:00pm

VICTORY CONDITIONS

EVIL - Wins by achieving parity with the rest of the players in the game.
GOOD - Wins by eliminating all of the Werewolves, including the Doppelganger if she chooses to become a Werewolf through her power.
Doppelganger - If the Doppelganger chooses to use it's power to permanently become another role, she will assume that players Victory Conditions. If she does not use her power, and is in a final three with one Werewolf and one other non-Werewolf, then the Doppelganger steals the victory. It does not matter which other role is with the Doppelganger and the Werewolf, the victory is guaranteed.

REVEALS

There will only be alignment reveals in the game, not role reveals. However, there will be two Priests, one good, one evil, that gets role information upon death.

ROLES

EVIL

Werewolves - 3 - Know each other and shares a chat. Each night chooses someone in the game to kill. Each of the Werewolves will have a special power:

Shaman - Each night can target another player in the game and learn whether they are the Seer or Not the Seer. Will get a random Non-Seer N0 view.
Brutal - Upon death, targets another player in the game to die with them. Brutal must be set daily. If no Brutal is set, the moderator will randomly kill a player in the game.
Priest - Will receive the role information of each dead person in the game upon the players death.

Mimic - 1 - Each night gets to target another player in the game to learn their role information. Upon death may choose to reveal as any role that they have learned about during the game. Does not count for parity.

Cultist/WolfCub - 1 - Starts the game knowing all three Werewolves, but not their powers. If the Doppelganger chooses a new role, the Cultist will be notified. If that new role is a Werewolf, the Cultist will be told their identity. When the first Werewolf dies, the Cultist/Wolf Cub promotes into the role of a full Werewolf. Only counts for parity when promoted

GOOD

Seer - 1 - Each night gets to target another player in the game and learn whether they are a Werewolf or Not a Werewolf. Will get a random Non-Werewolf N0 view.

Martyr - 1 - Each night may choose to protect another player in the game. If that player is targeted for death, the Martyr dies in their place.

Vigilante - 1 - Upon death, targets another player in the game to die with them. Brutal must be set daily. If no Brutal is set, the moderator will randomly kill a player in the game.

Parity Hunter - 1 - If the Parity Hunter and a Werewolf are alive at the end of the game, the Parity Hunter is able to overcome the Werewolf and win the game for good.

Priest - 1 - Will receive the role information of each dead person in the game upon the players death.

Villagers - 6 - No special powers.

NEUTRAL

Doppelganger - 1 - Each night may target a dead player from the game and learn their role information. The Doppelganger may only switch during the night phase. If that person had a view power, Werewolf/Sorcerer, Werewolf/Priest, Mimic, Seer, or Priest, then the Doppelganger assumes all previous views. They take over that players Victory Conditions as well.

At the beginning of the game, the Doppelganger will choose five players. From that list, he will learn three random roles, but not which player had the role or which three were selected. On Night One the Doppelganger may choose to take on any of the roles viewed Night Zero. If they choose an active role they must wait for the original player to die before using the action. If they choose Werewolf, they would promote ahead of the Wolf Cub. If they do not choose to switch on Night One, they lose the ability to switch to the Night Zero views unless they view the role again during the game.

NIGHT ACTION ORDER

Martyr Protect
Doppelganger View
Werewolf Kill
Mimic View
Seer View
Shaman View
Doppelganger Switch
Priest Information

OTHER NOTES

This is meant to be a fun game. Enjoy it.

I appreciate aggressive play, however, if you step over the line (and it’s my line) then you will be warned. If you continue the behaviour, you will no longer be welcome to play in my game. If this happens in more than one game I run, you will no longer be welcome in my games.

Respect your other players. Don’t make it personal.

I expect you to post several times a day. If you can’t commit to that, then please do not sign up for the game.

I will not be writing flavour text for this game.

Q&A

Q. If the Doppelganger dies before it chooses a role, does the Doppelganger automatically lose?
A. Yes.

Q. How do Priests view the Mimic?
A. As the role they've Mimicked.

Q. Do Werewolves reveal as Werewolf or their specific Werewolf?
A. They will reveal as Evil to the thread and as their specific Werewolf role to Priests, Mimic, and Doppelganger.

Q. If the doppelgänger assumes the role of the mimic can they also have the choice to reveal as doppelgänger?
A. No.

Q. If the doppelgänger assumes the role of mimic, can the view themselves and then reveal as doppelgänger?
A. No.

Q, What does the doppelgänger view as to the mimic? Before they choose a role? After they choose a role?
A. Whatever role they currently hold.

NOTE: Changes made to rules are listed in [i]italics[/b].

This game will not start during The Echo Effect or Civil War.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Doppelganger 17er 2 - Starts When Full - A 2014 Anniversary Game
Player List According to Cassandra:
AnneAa
bkarrigan
Chronomodra
ErintheRed
Gapa
greek2me
Irina_Phoenix
JaredW25
kristiefix
ljtrigirl
madelineb
miraria
nolemonplease
PaperF
PkmSilver
RoyalApe
Timmae

17 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1346...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra to relive the game that got me addicted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Zarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
I am clearly signed up to too many games at the moment, but cannot refuse this. As long as they don't all start this year, I should be fine :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is an art -- the growing of the moustache! I have sympathy for all who attempt it.
badge
You can dwell on the sh*t, or you can just leave it behind in people's beds & keep going.
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:

There are no buckets! kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeMorcerf wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

There are no buckets! kiss

You're such a bucket-er.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth BK
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Signed up for this too, although happy to give up my seat to a 2014 alum that needs/it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Doppelganger 17er 2 - Starts When Full - A 2014 Anniversary Game 9/17 - It's go time!
MOAR players, please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Doppelganger 17er 2 - Starts When Full - A 2014 Anniversary Game 9/17 - It's go time!
Belash wrote:
MOAR players, please!

Any chance the lynch will be changed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MD1616 wrote:
Belash wrote:
MOAR players, please!

Until when?

For games like this lynch can almost be at any time for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max DuBoff
United States
New Brunswick
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: / Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
badge
Habeo in animo vivere in perpetuum aut mori dum conor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash wrote:
MD1616 wrote:
Belash wrote:
MOAR players, please!

Until when?

Well, if it's 3 or after I can probably play, but don't change it just on my account. I was just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Zarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
4thvillager wrote:
Belash wrote:
MD1616 wrote:
Belash wrote:
MOAR players, please!

Until when?

6 or later would be awesome!

Not for me I could go a 5pm latest really. I'd drop though if it would get more signups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristie Satterly
United States
Bailey
Colorado
flag msg tools
Run you clever boy, and REMEMBER!
badge
Well behaved women, seldom make history.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this lynch time fwiw... although, being around at lynch doesn't really matter to me a ton as I am not a big sniper.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only need six more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
4thvillager wrote:
This lynch time really is impossible for me, sorry.

Wouldn't matter, I killed you N0 this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
This is titled "Doppelganger 17er 2", but isn't it the third one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is an art -- the growing of the moustache! I have sympathy for all who attempt it.
badge
You can dwell on the sh*t, or you can just leave it behind in people's beds & keep going.
mbmbmbmbmb
nolemonplease wrote:
This is titled "Doppelganger 17er 2", but isn't it the third one?

No, no, no, it's the doppelganger of the other Doppelganger game so the numbering is different than if it was a straight series of sequels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edna Lindebury
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I don't flirt. I just say what I want." -JJ
badge
"Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass." -Cordelia
mbmbmbmbmb
kiss heart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:

I just signed up to get revenge. Or team up with you.

Whichever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benesephiir wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

Whichever.

Our first game! kiss

Miraria was evil here too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Benesephiir wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

Whichever.

Our first game! kiss

I think I replaced Miraria.

and also kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benesephiir wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:
Benesephiir wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

Whichever.

Our first game! kiss

I think I replaced Miraria.

and also kiss

You did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I realized that the first run of this is why I never trust seer clears from villagers that fake claim and get NKed. tcrud claimed seer with a clear of baub and was NKed for it. Baub was a wolf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please don't let this game get full in next week. I really want to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archidamia
United States
Hazel Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ljtrigirl wrote:
Benesephiir wrote:
ljtrigirl wrote:

Whichever.

Our first game! kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [66] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.