Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is unclear to me when if there is no Assault (8.8.2) if the flow goes to "None: Pass" or "Sweep"? Help appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends. If the conditions for an Assault aren't met (meaning US can't remove NVA Control, Base, Tunnel, or +6 pieces), then you go to the next diamond to check for the requirements for Sweep.

If the conditions were met (or you came to Assault because you couldn't Train anywhere), and you cannot Assault any pieces, then US Passes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy del Rio
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to my read, I'm seeing that the NP US Assault rule has TWO exits for non-playability: Pass and Proceed to Sweep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In that case you're confusing the Ops selection criteria (the decision diamonds on the flowchart) with the Assault Ops instructions (the rectangular box marked "Assault" on the flowchart). Look at the flowchart; it is easier to see the distinction there.

If the conditions in the first decision diamond on the USbot flowchart (aka the 1st paragraph of 8.8.2) aren't met, USbot bypasses the Assault Ops instructions completely - including the instruction on what to do in case it tries to Assault but is unable to remove any enemies.

Regards, Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.