Hide
7 Posts

Werewolf» Forums » General

Subject: werewolf for four players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
None ofyourbuissiness
msg tools
Would it work? I only have 3 other people to play against...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, this is just silly.
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall that someone had come up with a 5 player version, but I can't imagine it working very well with fewer than 8 or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alexfrog's 5-player version is a great game, though different than 9-player. It's much more brutal of a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kieron Mitchell
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
Http:\\www.kieronmitchell.com
mbmbmbmbmb
davidme wrote:
Alexfrog's 5-player version is a great game, though different than 9-player. It's much more brutal of a game.

I've not seen or heard of a 4-player version, but the 5-player (with the possessed, hunter, villager, werewolf, and seer) works very well. I've played it many times, and heard it referred to as the "gun in the mouth" version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I've played it a lot this year. Were you one of the ones that played at GenCon this year?

I've played with Possessed, but have decided that the Sorceror is better in its place, especially if there's a moderator around that can give the Sorceror (but not the Seer) a look before the first day's elimination. The game is SO BRUTAL for the evil team and this is sometimes a small bit of help for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Browne
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be worth noting that the five player game also requires a moderator, so six people are required.
If you only have three other players, and with one of them moderating, you're really only setting up an end game:
one wolf, two villagers, and whichever team gets lynched loses!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
badge
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
4 players? Let's see...three villagers and one wolf.

Day 1: Everyone votes on someone to kill.
Reduced to 2 villagers, 1 wolf.

Night 1: Werewolf kills someone.
Reduced to 1 villager, 1 wolf. Normally, wolves win on ties, but let's ignore that.

Day 2: Everyone votes on someone to kill - including the players who were eliminated from the game. Both surviving players try to cast blame on the other.

So it can work, and actually gives you two good, social votes, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.