Subject: We love Rage rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vaughn Sandor
United States
Monroe Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
The BBC series is far better than the excellent NBC one. Now go watch it.
badge
This is not me but I have been known to dance like David Brent on occasion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, most of us love Rage. My Gram tolerates it because we always play it. She isn't a big fan of the tremendous chaos factor in the game but I love it. The rest of my family are big fans as well. Many a times we've had 8 player sessions. This time there were only 5 of us.

We don't use any house rules. We play by the strict Amigo rules.
I've read some of the variants that people have incorporated into the game and some of them sound quite good but I'm operating under the rule "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

My Aunt doesn't play as often as the rest of it and it showed this session. She never got above 7 points at any time during the 10 hands of the game. She actually finished at -2 which I think is an accomplishment in itself.

The other four of us jockeyed for position the first few rounds. No one got too far ahead of anyone else. My sister actually fell back to 26 points off the lead after round 3 only to bid correctly for the next 4 hands and she had the lead by 1 point over my dad after round 7. I hovered around 30 points from round 3 to 6 before bidding correctly for the last four rounds. A timely -5 to my dad and a miscue by my sister in round 8 saw me take the lead and I never looked back.

Gram stalled at round 3 and couldn't get past 30 points until round 8.
She finished with 44.

I finished with 74 points to my sister's 70 and my dad's 68.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.