Popular Tags: [View All]
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the info page, it says 60, but I always heard it was on average 90 minutes, and it definitely was 90 in the past. This change isn't even a range - is this actually accurate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
60 minutes - no. 90-120 - yes. Really depends how prone any group is to analysis paralysis. I think at 90 minutes or so, it delivers exactly the right punch. Personally i don't care for games that play under an hour, no time to get invested
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
2 players familiar with the game playing to 8 VP will be about 60 mins.

More players and playing to 10 VP (which we normally do) will be 90 mins plus or even 120+ with 5 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Reeve
Switzerland
St-Légier
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
Looking for a game session in Switzerland? Send me a pm!
mbmbmbmbmb
More near to 90-120 minutes in my case, especially when more than two players are involved.
Perhaps should one state 25-30 minutes per player (which would give a max of 125-150 minutes for 5 players)?

All depends how people play.
If there is no small talk (ugh!), no loosing too much time pondering on one's choices and if all players are experienced, I presume that the game plays faster than otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ayres
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had two games, one at 4 players and one at 5. Both games were about 2.5 to 3 hours; though that did include some rules learning and tile browsing.

I expect the play time to drop when players know the tiles better. Even so, towards the end of the game there can be much AP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Tedford
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly just depends on how familiar the players are with the game. Yeah, brand new players, the game time is more like 90 to 120 minutes. I have played several with veteran players that were at or under 60 minutes. And as stated above, how many VPs you go for shortens or lengthens the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say 20-30 minutes per experienced player, 40 minutes per noob. The time difference for familiarity is enormous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once everyone knows the game and tiles, it's probably 90 minutes or less. But, that never happens. So, figure 90-120 mins for most to 8 point games. 10 point games can go a bit too long for my liking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
Fremont
CA
flag msg tools
badge
For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst, and to provide for it.
mbmbmbmbmb
On our second play through, I'm pretty sure my friend and I did a 2p within 60 minutes. Higher Numbers? 90's probably accurate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do we change the info page time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NowOrNever88 wrote:
How do we change the info page time?

I put in a correction, 90 - 120. I'm not sure how/if that gets approved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Krohn
United States
Decatur
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dali
badge
To plunder, butcher, steal, these things they misname empire: they make a desolation and they call it peace. - Calgacus, Caledonian chieftan
mbmbmbmbmb
The box says 60 minutes and I was told that is what they want to put for the listed playing time. Having said that, 2-3 players can get a game in an hour, while 4-5 can do it in an hour and a half.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kalvin connor
United States
rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its defiantly an hour and a half, so 90 min. At least Id say so. My plays take about 90 with a total of 3 experienced players. Once people play the game a bunch, it goes fast(er) but not near the 60min mark. Even if I play with noobs I like to build my forces up before wreaking havok. Im sure if you attack really fast with people actually leaving cities it can go much faster

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'm late to the party, however we played our first two games this week. One with 4 and one with 5. Both, even with new players in each, took 90 minutes.

Honestly, I was surprised it actually took that long because it felt like half of that.

On a side note: All players are VERY experienced board gamers and not shy of conflict, so it might take APers or lesser experienced board gamers a bit longer the first few plays. I highly recommend printing out the extra reference sheets in the files section for the tiles and cards as that's a real time saver. There really should have been 5 copies in the box.

EDIT: We played to 8 points, so the short game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murray MacPherson
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
mb
Played my first game last night, five players and to ten victory points which took bang on two hours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Alaiz
Spain
flag msg tools
I am wondering about using the timer for this game to limit AP, I played my first game yesterday and I could see the AP there... so many choices!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.