Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michele Lo Mundo
Italy
Villafranca Tirrena (ME)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

when I place a die in the "Favor of Khan" Action Area, do I have to pay the cost for its use if there are dice of other players?

I think so, since the FAQ state that "the Favor of Khan action area consists of only 1 action space made up of 4 separate dice fields."

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Michele,

no there are no costs associated with the favour of Khan space, as you do not stack dice there.

As a rule of thumb:

You only have to pay if you stack di(c)e onto other(s) di(c)es already in place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lo Mundo
Italy
Villafranca Tirrena (ME)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much Klaus!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Your welcome Michele!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lo Mundo
Italy
Villafranca Tirrena (ME)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Klaus,
I've just read the english rules posted here once more, and they make me think that I have to pay the cost for the use of the Favor of Khan area.

The rules state:

- When I place one or more dice on an Action space already occupied by other players, I have to pay a cost for its use.

- In this case, I have to place my dice on top of the dice already occupying the Action space.

- The only exception is that in the "Favor of Khan" Action space the dice are placed next to one another.

- The Favor of Khan area must be treated as an unique Action space, made up of 4 separate dice fields.

So, reading these rules, I think that the Favor of Khan action space must be treated as a normal space, with the only exception stated above (dice are never stacked there).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Laubender
Germany
M√ľnchen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KlausKnechtskern wrote:
As a rule of thumb:

You only have to pay if you stack di(c)e onto other(s) di(c)es already in place.
Is this rule of thumb somewhere in the rules?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bluesboy wrote:
Sorry Klaus,
I've just read the english rules posted here once more, and they make me think that I have to pay the cost for the use of the Favor of Khan area.

The rules state:

- When I place one or more dice on an Action space already occupied by other players, I have to pay a cost for its use.

- In this case, I have to place my dice on top of the dice already occupying the Action space.

- The only exception is that in the "Favor of Khan" Action space the dice are placed next to one another.

- The Favor of Khan area must be treated as an unique Action space, made up of 4 separate dice fields.

So, reading these rules, I think that the Favor of Khan action space must be treated as a normal space, with the only exception stated above (dice are never stacked there).

Michele,

I can assure your, that your interpretation is not correct. When I was at the HiG office yesterday I specially spoke about that case and we agreed that it was worded unfortunate, but I can assure you, you do not have to pay when placing your into the "Favor of Khan" action space
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Foamheart wrote:
Is this rule of thumb somewhere in the rules?

Unfortunately not, but I can assure you that is the intent of the rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lo Mundo
Italy
Villafranca Tirrena (ME)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Klaus,
I've just downloaded the german FAQ. You're right, they clarify this case. Unfortunately, the english translation of the FAQ does not contain this clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The FAQ was modified to further clarify that points. As the translation is not official, the modification was not integrated yet unfortunately
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just updated my English translation of the FAQ & Errata file, to incorporate the clarifications made by HiG regarding the "Favor of Khan" action. It will be in the Files section as soon as its been approved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks Walt. Maybe you should be automatically informed if a FAQ ist updated/created

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.