Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Norman
United Kingdom
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a rules question about convoying.

Having built units in his initial two factories, can Russia move the fleet to the Black Sea, and then railroad his army to Turkey, all in one movement phase? Or can the fleet only convoy if it hasn't moved in that movement phase?

Thanks in advance,

David.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
We played that that was a legal move.

The rules specifically state that you move fleets then armies, and we guess ed that was for that very reason, so that you could position the fleets to help the armies move.

N

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walther Gerdts
Germany
Hamburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
perfectly true:
fleets move first, and therefore may convoy after that in the same turn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Norman
United Kingdom
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MacGerdts wrote:
perfectly true:
fleets move first, and therefore may convoy after that in the same turn!

Thanks for the response. I thought that was right, but equally had people who were convinced it was not allowed (since the rules say "... provided the nation already has a fleet in that region" - some people took "already has" to mean before the movement was started).

David.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Norman
United Kingdom
Trowbridge
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohanCarstensen wrote:
I always played with no difference in the order of then fleets or armys move. A fleet can move one step and then be used to convoy or a convoy can be made first and then a movement of the fleet can be made. Just tilt the fleets after you have used it for a convoy.

I'm not shure if the rules will agree with me in this perspective but it has worked out fine when playing with this rules.

The rules clearly state that fleets move first, and then armies move afterwards.

David.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.