Hide
7 Posts

Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Confused about spawning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B. G.
msg tools

Working through (what, I’ll call for lack of a better word) "the rules" there is one question i can't figure out 100%.

When spawning the end of a darkness cycle, how many minions appear?
Do you:

a) reference the spawning table in the rule book, where a spawn depends on the type of lair and the number of players? e.g. Crawlers + 4 players = 9 minions. In this case the Darkness Card simply states the distribution: 2(M)/2(R) = 50/50 = 5 melee, 4 ranged,.
OR:
b) do you simply follow the description on the current Darkness Card. e.g. Normal Spawn on Crawler lair = 4 Minions (2(M)/2(R). And the amount of players doesn’t factor into spawning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Brehm
msg tools
mbmb
The spawning table in the book is for the initial spawn. i.e. the numbers on the tile when you first get to it.

The card is for how many spawn during each darkness cycle.

Basically, there's a lot of mobs on the tile at first, and they slowly get reinforcements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Brehm
msg tools
mbmb
The initial spawn is player dependent, while the reinforcements aren't

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BtB222 wrote:

When spawning the end of a darkness cycle, how many minions appear?
Do you:
a) reference the spawning table in the rule book, where a spawn depends on the type of lair and the number of players? e.g. Crawlers + 4 players = 9 minions. In this case the Darkness Card simply states the distribution: 2(M)/2(R) = 50/50 = 5 melee, 4 ranged,.
OR:
b) do you simply follow the description on the current Darkness Card. e.g. Normal Spawn on Crawler lair = 4 Minions (2(M)/2(R). And the amount of players doesn’t factor into spawning.
B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B. G.
msg tools
Thanks!

I've only had to short runs with the game. But either one made sense somehow, a)seemed a lot of minions b)seemed rather few.

Short follow up question, when playing with 4 players, how many lairs (and or hunting packs) would you usually put on a 12x12 tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on how powered up your characters are. Two lairs and two full hunting packs is going to be tough. Another issue - are they they same or different types, because having two types means advancing the Darkness meter by two each Refresh Phase.

In my solo plays with three heroes, I've played one lair and one hunting pack, and then rolled 1d10 to see how many spawn in the hunting pack, counting only values of six to eight. That seemed a bit too easy. Now that my heroes have a green card each, I will up that to two lairs and a hunting pack, maybe even making them two types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Brehm
msg tools
mbmb
Zouave wrote:
It depends on how powered up your characters are. Two lairs and two full hunting packs is going to be tough. Another issue - are they they same or different types, because having two types means advancing the Darkness meter by two each Refresh Phase.

In my solo plays with three heroes, I've played one lair and one hunting pack, and then rolled 1d10 to see how many spawn in the hunting pack, counting only values of six to eight. That seemed a bit too easy. Now that my heroes have a green card each, I will up that to two lairs and a hunting pack, maybe even making them two types.

1d6+ 2 = (6) + 2 = 8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 692595. Granite26
  • 1d6+ 2 =
  • (6) + 2 =
  • Thu Apr 2, 2015 12:07 pm
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.