Zombicide Season 3: Rue Morgue» Forums » General

Subject: S3 - Pimp Weapons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zombie Fifty-Seven
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Can anyone confirm that the S3 Pimp Weapons are as follows please ?

Will's Comet Launcher
Ross' Bowling Ball
Desert Eagle
Thompson
SPAS 12

The reason I ask, is I believed them to be just the Desert Eagle, Thompson and SPAS 12 ( contents from VIP 2 ), but they all came packaged together and I am not sure of if I should use the Launcher and Ball as a Pimp weapon ?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Leslie
United States
Portland
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zombie57 wrote:

Will's Comet Launcher
Ross' Bowling Ball
Desert Eagle
Thompson
SPAS 12

The reason I ask, is I believed them to be just the Desert Eagle, Thompson and SPAS 12 ( contents from VIP 2 ), but they all came packaged together and I am not sure of if I should use the Launcher and Ball as a Pimp weapon ?

Thanks.

I haven't received Season 3 yet, but I would imagine that Ross's Bowling Ball and Will's Comet Launcher are included again because their dashboards are part of the purple box. I think that their weapons are pretty appropriately powered to be mixed in with the other pimp mobile weapons, but don't break the game if they are mixed into the general search deck. There isn't an official ruling on how to include them, so use them whichever way seems like it'll be the most fun for your group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Colm
msg tools
mbmb
More for the e-bay pile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Canning
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Stand By, Ready
badge
Wolkenritter
mbmbmbmbmb
zombie57 wrote:

There's a list in VIP #1

The Pimpmobile deck should consist of the following you own and are not specified as occurring in the current mission otherwise.

Season 1
Evil Twins
Ma's Shotgun

Season 2: Prison Outbreak
Gunblade
Gunblade

Season 3: Rue Morgue
La Guilotine
Nailbat

Toxic City Mall
Pa's Gun

VIP #1
Daisho
Golden Ak-47
Pink M4

VIP #2
Desert Eagle
Thompson
SPAS 12

Angry Neighbours doesn't have any Pimpmobile weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniele Silvi
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will's come launcher surely is the item card that came with Will The Game Designer survivor...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Muller de Schongor
France
Cachan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official reply:
Will's & Ross' are NOT Pimpmobile weapons. But feel free to treat them as, if you'd like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So typically, do Will's Comet Launcher, Ross' Bowling Ball and the flame thrower just get thrown into the normal deck? I thought the hand cannon was a pimp weapon too but it's actually not that great. Was the golden AK supposed to have different stats than the normal AK? I don't know why you would pick that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
goblinsavingthrow wrote:
So typically, do Will's Comet Launcher, Ross' Bowling Ball and the flame thrower just get thrown into the normal deck?

This is a good question. I'd thrown the Flamethrower into the normal deck because it seems on par with other stuff (most notably the Concrete Saw), but I didn't have the same reaction to the Comet Launcher or especially the Bowling Ball. One way to think about this is that the Concrete Saw is currently the only Abomination-killing non-Ultrared single-card item in the normal deck, and it isn't super impressive otherwise. The Comet Launcher might be ok without the Saw due to its range issues and disposability, but having both of them in the deck feels like a big boost to Abomination-killing capability. Ross' Bowling Ball feels substantially stronger—range limitations and low dice, sure, and it can't take out a Berserker Abomination, but the rock-bottom to-hit TN makes it generally pretty handy—especially with Survivors who get bonus dice (a good option for a non-dual-wield build for Jane).

Quote:
I thought the hand cannon was a pimp weapon too but it's actually not that great. Was the golden AK supposed to have different stats than the normal AK? I don't know why you would pick that one.

The Pink M4 is also identical to the regular Assault Rifle, and the SPAS-12 is an Automatic Shotgun (ironically, the real SPAS-12 is dual-mode semiautomatic/pump-action). I think the point is twofold: one, to water down the Pimpmobile deck to compensate for VIP acquisitions; two, maybe to provide another way for people with corresponding Experience Cards to get their chosen weapons (in full sets, they're among the rarest of the Experience Deck weapons—though there are equally-rare XP-Deck weapons that get no such love).

But yeah, if you aren't playing with VIP Zombies you probably want to remove them. Likewise for difficult maps with early pimpmobiles, like Skyscraper from Switch City—or you might at least want to permit one mulligan.

~J

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.