Subject: Anyone around Limerick? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wallack Wallack
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi all!

Just wondering, anyone around Limerick that visits this forum often? I mainly play Descent 2nd edition with my wife with some cooperative rules but I still have to finish painting everything before we can play again!

I also have space hulk recently bought but still on his sprues as I want to paint everything else before and then switch to paint SH.

Just wondering if any of you play a particular game or have a fancy group or whatever.

I know the gathering hosts board games on Tuesday so I might drop by there sometimes

Regards!
P.S.: I'm a spaniard in case I had made any mistake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Declan Noonan
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there is loads of groups around limerick
go to knavecon on saturday the 11th of april and you will meet everyone there.

see you there

declan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borys Zaba-Zabinski
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep, we are here in Limerick Knavecon will be good place to meet some of us, head over to:
http://victorgannongames.com/
or if you have FB to:
https://www.facebook.com/Knavecon?ref=ts&fref=ts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Costello
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
Freeze! Miami Vice!
badge
"That's T U B B S -Tough, Unique, Bad, Bold and Sassy."
mbmbmbmbmb
Wallack wrote:
I know the gathering hosts board games on Tuesday so I might drop by there sometimes

Hello,
Thursday night is the night The Gathering hosts boardgames and I know the guy that hosts it has Space Hulk and recently bought Descent (I think someone else might even be running it there this Thursday). Newcomers are always welcome and there a few other small groups around Limerick. Definitely go to Knavecon, Conclave and Brocon to bump into some!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallack Wallack
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
rossnaruin wrote:
there is loads of groups around limerick
go to knavecon on saturday the 11th of april and you will meet everyone there.

see you there

declan

I'll definitely go!

rzaba wrote:
yep, we are here in Limerick Knavecon will be good place to meet some of us, head over to:
http://victorgannongames.com/
or if you have FB to:
https://www.facebook.com/Knavecon?ref=ts&fref=ts

Liked! Thanks!

Martin Costello wrote:
Wallack wrote:

Hello,
Thursday night is the night The Gathering hosts boardgames and I know the guy that hosts it has Space Hulk and recently bought Descent (I think someone else might even be running it there this Thursday). Newcomers are always welcome and there a few other small groups around Limerick. Definitely go to Knavecon, Conclave and Brocon to bump into some!

I'd swear he told me Tuesday but might be wrong! Will go next thursday as today we have visit from Spain and until Sunday we are busy I bought SH from the gathering so I'll def pop next thursday to meet some faces
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony F
Ireland
flag msg tools
Hi guys, living in Dooradoyle in Limerick city but only available to play at weekends. Interested in boardgames primarily, but also in playing Dystopian Wars, Necromunda or Mordheim.
Will be at Knavecon next weekend and hope to make a few contacts there but would be delighted to get chatting to peeps on here to start the dice rolling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Declan Noonan
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hello there

only down the road from you
living in father russell road
play board/card games historical tabletop
mordheim and necromunda and along with everything else will be played once they get painted
(way,way off in the future)

declan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoghan O'Sullivan
Ireland
Castletroy
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Limerick is pretty well serviced by gamer groups. Attending Knavecon is by far the best way of meeting us - it got me back into playing tabletop 18 months ago after a 20 year hiatus.

I know of regular groups playing Tuesday and Thursday nights, and The Gathering's boardgame night is also Thursday's (I've been meaning to call in their some night for quite a while, but it clashes with our own group). There have been the occasional weekend games, but they tend to be special occasions (someone's wife and/or kids are away and house is free!)

Our own group plays just about every genre going, the only game that doesn't really work with us are really heavy war games and games that require repeated play over weeks - which has affected the likes of campaign plays of Descent. Other than that, everything goes!

Make sure you meet the organisers of Knavecon, Victor and Declan (who commented earlier in this thread) and they'll sort you out!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony F
Ireland
flag msg tools
Cheers Eoghan/Declan, thanks for your replies. Will be along to Knavecon and hope to make a few contacts there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallack Wallack
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Couldn't go yesterday, last time meeting got me exhausted so just went home, watched some tv and went to bed how was yesterday?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony F
Ireland
flag msg tools
Still on the lookout for some weekend gaming in Limerick... Dystopian Wars, SW Armada, Necromunda, Mordheim...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallack Wallack
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
I always wanted to play Mordheim. I almost bought the box from eBay but came to reality and realized is expensive as shit (I know is OOP).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony F
Ireland
flag msg tools
Yep, it's fairly pricey alright. However, the rules are available online andyou can use a variety of miniatures to put together a warband. If you fancy giving it a whirl let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wallack Wallack
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
nikephoros wrote:
Yep, it's fairly pricey alright. However, the rules are available online andyou can use a variety of miniatures to put together a warband. If you fancy giving it a whirl let me know.

I don't know the amount of miniatures needed, I have some Warriors of Chaos and some High Elves from Island of Blood, but none of them assembled/painted. Would love to try it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in town through Tuesday. Is there a place I can game or buy games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Declan Noonan
Ireland
Limerick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hello there!!

The Gathering,Lower Gerald Griffin Street
(main gaming shop in Limerick)
O'Mahonys O'connell Street (good selection of gateway games)
Easons O'Connell Street (small selection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! We checked out The Gathering as it was close. O'Mahony's is the book store, right? We saw that too. Yeah, they had games, but could you play there? We'll have to look into Easons next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Corbett
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
Deus Pascit Corvos
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't bother with Easons. Nothing you won't get anywhere else to be honest.

If its a game of something then either The Gathering (various wargames/cardgames/rpgs & boardgames on different nights) or if in town on a Tuesday or Thursday evening there is a regular meet-up for boardgames. Let us know when you are back and we can arrange something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.