Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Everyone:

Metro Detroit Gamers is hosting MDG WinterCon 2006 +2 on December 9, 2006 from 8:30 AM to 11PM. It will be held at the John Lewis Student Center (Bldg K) at Macomb Community College South Campus, 14500 E. 12 Mile Road (at Hayes) in Warren, Michigan.

NOTE--The NEW website is www.metrodetroitgamers.com. It was initially advertised as .org, but we had some trouble getting that site up, so we changed to this new site. SORRY for any inconvenience, but the new site IS up and running and we hope to have the event lists up in the next couple days.

Admission is $12 for adults, $8 for MCC students and staff with MCC proof, and $6 for youths 14 and under that come in with a paid adult. The fee is the only fee you will have to pay all day--NO event fees. MDG provides gaming for boardgames, minis, RPG and CCG. Minis events will include Rick Schirtzinger's very popular WW1 air minis, Battletech, Battlefleet Gothic, WW2 armor, etc.

As boardgame director, I am proud to announce that, as of now, we have over 50 boardgame events. These include Thurn & Taxis, Settlers of Catan, Bison, Elasund, Wallenstein, Tempus, Justinian, Freidrich, Warrior Knights, Leonardo da Vinci, Cleopatra & Society of Architects, Wings of War, El Grande, Canal Mania, Gloria Mundi, Elasund, RoboRally, Mission Red Planet, Descent, Caylus and many others. There will be prizes for EVERY event. Mayfair Games will have a demo table, and we will also have the Men in Black from Steve Jackson having a game/demo table. There will also be a Puffing Billy RR tournament going on all day, door prizes, and game dealers.

I am still looking for GMs to run a few events, including Railroad Tycoon, Conquest of the Empire, Power Grid and Formula De. Anyone running 2 events gets in FREE. If interested, or if you have any questions, please contact me at my eMail address, rlfix@yahoo.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob,

I'm looking forward to the Con. Thanks for organizing the boardgame events!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark C
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb

Glad you posted, I wasn't aware of it but I'll probably attend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Fix
United States
Sterling Hts
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unforutnately, effective immediately, MDG WINTERCON HAS BEEN CANCELLED!! The college has infomred us that the facility rental would include maintenance costs. Previously, the maintenance staff were students; they are now unionized maintenance staff for the college. This TRIPLED the cost of the facility and would break us financially; our attendance for a 1-day has never been over 200 and we would need over 350 just to break even. My sincerest apologies to all taht were planning on attending. We are planning on re-mailing out post cards to notify of the cancellation, as well as going to websites, eMails, etc. to let as many people know. Thanks. BOB FIX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.