Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: How to play a story quest with 4 lairs? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Omael Rangel
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing the kickstarter exlusive story quest about Orcneas with the Acts called: A new boss and Same as the old one.
After finishing this acts the next one has an Epic Tile with 4 lairs and Orcneas (and 6x6 starting tile).
By the rules when i enter de 24x12 all the grubbers will be active and all the lairs will be, that needed for two players an starting 28 grubbers, and i only have like 20, is this on purpose? or should i only spawn the third and fourth lairs when i enter the 2nd half of the epic tile like orcneas says in the quest (only active after entering the 2nd half)?

And a another question when i get into threat range of a mob of grubber in a lair they became active, those this means that the other 3 mobs of grubbers in the other 3 lairs also become active? or just the ones in threat range? i read that all the minion classification becomes active but does'nt make much sense for me, can anyone clarify, please?

And if all said and done i need about 20 more grubbers does anyone suggest an alternative to be able to play my final quest?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just use crawlers as proxies for the missing grubbers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Hubbard
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
They all become active because monsters of the same type activate together on a tile (and 2 12x12 counts as a single tile).

And yea, proxy with Crawlers or some other solution. The 2.0 rules would say instead of proxying you would just gain extra AP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
I did this on the weekend. I have 2 base boxes plus apprentice pledge so I wasn't worried, but I'm not sure what they were thinking.

I think leaving the initial spawns off of the back 2 lairs is fair, but they would be active, so they would still spawn.

Regardless, this is a tough act.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omael Rangel
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks, i think i would use proxies AND leaving the 2 lairs from the back passive but spawning.

Another question, in this epic tile: do i need to draw a quest card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
If it is part of a story quest, you can consider the story quest elements to fulfill that requirement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omael Rangel
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So that mean that only on the tiles that are relevant or has some feature won't need a quest? How about the first tile that is only an starting one? This one will need a quest?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard Ratner
United States
Staten Island
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group plays it: When you are playing a Story it fulfills the Quest portion of the tile. When you are playing what is now called Adventure mode you would pick a tile, then if it has a Quest icon, you select a card. I hope that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
omael wrote:
So that mean that only on the tiles that are relevant or has some feature won't need a quest? How about the first tile that is only an starting one? This one will need a quest?

The 6x6? I would put a trap there. (Since it is either trap or quest)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Rowe
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
In order to make time for writing I must give up working or gaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to be redrafting the exclusive quests in a month's time and this quest needs looking at, not least for the logistics of populating the tile. Four Lairs that activate together, with the presence of a Boss who summons his own hunting packs... that just hasn't been thought through. I suspect the KS Exclusive Quests were written before aspects of the game had been firmed up (hell, the retail set was on shelves before aspects of the game had been firmed up) - and in particular, I think Orcneas' precise stats hadn't been worked out at the time of writing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thrawn 007
msg tools
I thought they wrote this quest for me and one other person to play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Brehm
msg tools
mbmb
Every time I read this topics...topic,I think 'very very carefully'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omael Rangel
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heh, that's how we played it and it took 4.5 hours to play with proxies and 3 allies, we were 4 players, it was really fun.

i miss that orcneas spawned 3 minion each turn. I thought it was just when he appeared or the new level of orcneas was drawn. Anyway i think we could have defeated him even with his minions, the main problem, besides adding 2 AP each hero cycle (and then 3) was that using the orcneas dead a miniboss appeared, and Etrus was hitting us of about 10 damage each activation, and that hurted.

the proxies looked awful but what can we do... btw, there were a couple of times that there were 40 minions at once, and because of that we couldn't reach the spawning points for a while. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.