Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted something along these lines yesterday in the Theophrastus rules section, but I am hoping it will garner a bit more attention here.

I was reading in Game Trade a Theophrastus article and they said that in your own formula you can play as many of each card as you like, not just what theo's limit it.

For example, the master's forumla says you need 2 Elements.
This article said you could play 4 elements and at the end just count 2 of them as 0 points.

Do other people play this way?
I have always played that you only play as many as theo has.

Does it actually say this in the rules? If so I could not find it.

So have I been playing wrong all along?
Is this the way most others play as well?

Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise Holden
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have always played the way that you did; that you are limited to the number of each type of reagent that is required for the recipe. I haven't gone back to check the rules though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
louiseh wrote:
We have always played the way that you did; that you are limited to the number of each type of reagent that is required for the recipe. I haven't gone back to check the rules though.

Pretty much sums up my feelings; I haven't played it much since getting it a couple years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Lobkowicz
United States
High Ridge
Missouri
flag msg tools
publisher
You could be playing.
badge
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, The article is by P.R.Chase Published by Mayfair Games...it's interesting that most others never thought to play this way. Neither did I. I will have to try it, though I suspect in the end I will end up continuing to play as we always have.

Thanks for the feedback.

Josh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules to Theophrastus suck--I bitched to Mayfair about it years ago. I know that's not the least bit helpful, and that's intentional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.