Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Jenkins
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had 8 friends and family over to my house the other night and decided to break out Tumblin Dice.

We had to modify the game slightly, and ended up creating 4 teams of 2 players. At first, we started with couples play, but ended the night randomly drawing numbers from a hat. Each team was forced to create their own team name, and I think some players had more fun with that than they did the game (not a knock on Tumblin Dice though...just saying).

Each team chose a person to flick/push/slide their die first, and then alternated turns with their partner from there. Once a team, or teams, reached 100 total points, the game ended. It actually worked out pretty well, and didn't allow the "good" players to develop much of a rhythm, as their turns were not only interrupted by the other three teams, but their own teammate as well.

I think the thing that makes Tumblin Dice such a good party game is the social part of it...we had some major trash talk going on between the teams. Some players sole intention for the duration of the game was knocking others' dice off the board, which really lended itself well the to the aformentioned trash talking. People have real reactions to the results of not only their own dice flicking, but others as well and keeps everyone involved for the duration of the game.

We ended up playing 6 consecutive games. After about game 3, I was begging and pleading for a different game, but to no avail...Tumblin Dice had sucked my family and friends in.

A big Thumbs Up from everyone who played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.