Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ting Zhou
United States
Rowland Heights
CA - California
flag msg tools
mb
1. I dont understand this character...the wind dice has random results, comparing with Seer's i dont find any good from this character's ability.

2. The Enchanter, the other promo character has very strong initial power, which allows all characters to spend secrecy instead of grace,most of the time. I consider it should be nerfed...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wind dancer has powers to roll her wind dice in advance or otherwise manipulate them. When she uses her other powers, she can choose to use her pre- rolled dice or not depending on which effects she needs at the time. Since she knows what wind dice she has in reserve, she can at least plan around that.

Enchanter is nice, but remember that losing grace is not the same thing as spending it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ting Zhou
United States
Rowland Heights
CA - California
flag msg tools
mb
MasterDinadan wrote:
Wind dancer has powers to roll her wind dice in advance or otherwise manipulate them. When she uses her other powers, she can choose to use her pre- rolled dice or not depending on which effects she needs at the time. Since she knows what wind dice she has in reserve, she can at least plan around that.

Enchanter is nice, but remember that losing grace is not the same thing as spending it.

Thanks for the clarification about the Enchanter! For the Wind Dancer,
her wind dices can only be rolled only if she has the power card to do so. To me Seer's ability to store normal dices is much more universal and effective though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yani
Switzerland
Z├╝rich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cutievalkyrie wrote:
2. The Enchanter, the other promo character has very strong initial power, which allows all characters to spend secrecy instead of grace,most of the time. I consider it should be nerfed...

Why? Even if it is indeed very powerful, keep in mind that this is a cooperative game, not a competitive one. Think of it as help for beginners in that case. There is no need for character balance, in fact I'd love to see further interesting characters, weaker and stronger too than average. That'd be a terrific team exercise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seer vs Wind Dancer depends on the situation, I think.
The Seer could take a lot of actions to get the dice she wants, and then that die is gone once she needs to use it. With Wind Dancer, she can load up on dice with one action, and then use them for the next several turns for a large variety of effects. Sometimes, these results won't help her pass the tests, but she may trigger other effects that are even more useful in the right situation.
Also, it's not really fair to compare heroes by looking at just one of their abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ting Zhou
United States
Rowland Heights
CA - California
flag msg tools
mb
MasterDinadan wrote:
Seer vs Wind Dancer depends on the situation, I think.
The Seer could take a lot of actions to get the dice she wants, and then that die is gone once she needs to use it. With Wind Dancer, she can load up on dice with one action, and then use them for the next several turns for a large variety of effects. Sometimes, these results won't help her pass the tests, but she may trigger other effects that are even more useful in the right situation.
Also, it's not really fair to compare heroes by looking at just one of their abilities.

I agree with you. For Wind Dancer, in order to trigger her variety power effects. we need to develop her further, in other words, she needs more power cards.
For Seer, we dont have to do that, she is strong in the beginning of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.