Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Question: if we are playing the campaign game (18.4) do I make a Haig die roll (13.2) each turn? Do we continue to make the die roll the entire game or should we stop at some point?

Answer: If you are playing the "whole hog" campaign (18.4) I would expect that rule 13.2 would be used. The question is: how long?

As written 18.4 says nothing about ceasing to make the roll after the November 26 Victory Check so I would ordinarily say that rule 13.2 remains in effect. However this may lead to an odd situation where the Germans are trying to push the VP count down below 15 and Haig throws in the towel and the British "win" because the VP total is still 15 or higher. That's just too gamey for my tastes. As long as both opponents agree at the start I would stop making the Haig die roll after the November 25 End Phase. This makes it a certainty that there will be a Victory Check on November 26 (if the game gets that far) and allows the German player to get his chance at playing the offensive side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.