Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: tanga [+] [View All]
Gregg Giersch
United States
Saukville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy all. I could not get on Tanga yesterday, and as a result, I missed the puzzle. I fixed the problem thanks to the help of others. I discovered that while there was an error mesage, it may have had something to do with "Cookies." After completing a puzzle every day, I discovered that I will not get credit for yesterday's puzle even though I did it upon regaining access. Is this simply a "too bad" situation or if folks are led to believe the site is temporarily down, can points still be awarded? My wife and I are having a blast with Tanga overall. Keep up the good work and thanks for the puzzles!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Don't know who here can answer that question. Why don't you send a note to service@tanga.com and ask them directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't get on. Tried a few times before seeing this. Cleared my cookies and it worked. That's the third thime I've had to clear my cookies to use thier site. I hate having to relog on to all my other accounts. Sent them a note. I don't really want to have to keep clearing cookies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Peters
United States
Belmont
California
flag msg tools
Powers:Coleridge:Milton: Faith...must be, if anything, a clear-eyed recognition of the patterns and tendencies, to be found in every piece of the world's fabric, which are the lineaments of God.
badge
That's Tim Powers' fictional Samuel Coleridge "quoting" John Milton in _The Anubis Gates_.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're using Firefox, you can just clear a single cookie - no need to flush the whole jar!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Okasaki
United States
White Plains
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're using IE, I don't know how to delete a single cookie from within the browser. But you can do it manually outside the browser as follows: Go to your "Documents and Settings" folder (such as C:\Documents and Settings\Yourname), and then to your Cookies folder. In that folder, look for a file named something like yourname@tanga[2] and just delete that file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
rynelf wrote:
If you're using Firefox, you can just clear a single cookie - no need to flush the whole jar!

Thanks! is it just thier cookie that causes the problem? The one time they replied to me; they said clear all cookies.

But, really the point kinda is, this is the only site I have this problem with. I'm not a programmer, but I'd think they would want to fix it if there are enough people having this problem that at one point they posted about it in the blog and that it's fairly well known about around here. Guess I don't understand that stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
So, for those of us who still have the error message (I'm sure not going to clear all my cookies to get a chance to purchase a refurbished hard drive), what was the item for sale last night and tonight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Tonight's Item: Logitech Wireless Laser Mouse MX600

And you don't need to clear all the cookies, just the Tanga one(s).

Edit - forgot to mention, last night's item: 650VA Uninterruptible Power Supply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
RPardoe wrote:
Tonight's Item: Logitech Wireless Laser Mouse MX600

And you don't need to clear all the cookies, just the Tanga one(s).

Edit - forgot to mention, last night's item: 650VA Uninterruptible Power Supply

Thanks for the info. Glad to see I didn't miss out on a game. And now they seem to have their bug fixed without me having had to resort to cookie deletions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.