Daniel J Isom
Send me a geekmail if you'd like to buy a copy!
I have to return some videotapes.
Hello i wanted to try out the game but there are many question about the setup and other stuff so i wanted to ask here,if someone could help me(maybe the gamedesigner) .
1. The 8X8 Bord i have to create myself, am I right? Then, how big should it be?
2. There is written in the Components "ten blue cubes. Do i only need them for the Wizard?
3. The cutted out pieces have special Powers, do i activate them only they hit an other and with a different color piece?
4. What would you recommend to print the discs on for a good flicking on a table?
Hi Tom! I'll be happy to answer your questions.
1) The best and easiest thing to do is use a standard checkers board. The game that inspired this one, Chapayev, is played using a checkers set.
2) Yes, the cubes are only used for the wizard's ability.
3) It depends on the piece. Most of them go into effect when striking an opponent's piece, others get activated when contacting their own colored pieces, and some need to be hit by an opponent's piece first. Each piece has its ability explained on the second page of the rules. I'll clarify further if needed.
4) For the stickers I just use mailing labels paper. For the discs, you could use wood or plastic checkers, or any plain plastic or wooden discs that are roughly the size of a standard checkers piece ~1.25 to 1.5 inches in diameter.
I hope that answers your questions. If not, feel free to ask more and I'd be happy to help. Thanks for being interested in playing my game. Enjoy!