Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) – Forgotten Souls» Forums » Rules

Subject: New encounters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

I apologize beforehand if this question has been answered, but I didn't want to read through the other posts for fear of spoilers and I couldn't find the answer in the rules. How would you play the following?

Hero A goes first and kills the only monster thereby ending the current encounter. Hero B then performs an exploration action to open a door and trigger the next encounter. Does the new encounter reset the actions and the heroes begin their turn from the start or does the hero turn end when Hero B takes his second action then the OL actions begin?

Thanks in advance
Albcann

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Opening the door draws the next encounter. The hero's turn is paused while the encounter is setup and possibly interrupted by an activation (if the Encounter card has any special "After Setup" steps), but then the hero's turn continues. Opening a door does nothing to the hero turn order, so you would continue with Hero B's second action, then the OL's turn.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
al cann
United States
warwick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I guess now the heroes must decide between opening a door at the end of their turn, and risk giving the OL the advantage, or stalling and taking on a peril card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly. Do you have the Fate to give to wait around? Do you want to Rest before opening that door? Do you want to risk the damage a Peril card will give you? It's all the many decisions to make in this excellent variant.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.