Subject: 3 actions per turn rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn H
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

I have played through the starting turns 2-times now, on turn 7 the second time around. I like the game but I find it takes time (at least in the beginning) to do all the actions where you as a player don't have any choices to make, and then you only get to move/attack with 3-4 stacks. Do you agree that it feels a bit like you can't do all that much in the beginning of the game?

As I said I haven't played the later part of the game where the US gets command points and support markers, so I guess it will change the game quite a lot. Also, if one of your HQs that arrives on turn 3 gets killed during landing, do you just restart the game? Playing without all the HQs in play must really slow things down to a halt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt R
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bjorne wrote:
Hi,

I have played through the starting turns 2-times now, on turn 7 the second time around. I like the game but I find it takes time (at least in the beginning) to do all the actions where you as a player don't have any choices to make, and then you only get to move/attack with 3-4 stacks. Do you agree that it feels a bit like you can't do all that much in the beginning of the game?

Not necessarily. I've only played once, but I noticed it was worth taking some turns where I really just moved units next to HQs to set up for a bigger next turn. Are you using your HQs effectively?

Quote:
As I said I haven't played the later part of the game where the US gets command points and support markers, so I guess it will change the game quite a lot. Also, if one of your HQs that arrives on turn 3 gets killed during landing, do you just restart the game? Playing without all the HQs in play must really slow things down to a halt.

Heh, I hope I never have to face that question. I would probably restart, yes, at least until I have several games under my belt and felt like I wanted the extra challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.