Ivan Barker
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

After some fairly good success posting my runner deck, I'd like to submit my corp deck to public criticism.

I find corp a lot harder to design, since it's not as active as the runner, and is a lot more passive. The purpose of this deck is to give the runner some major brain damage, leading to him being unable to play anything, or perhaps flatlining him. I won't say that I made it only to flatline them, but when their grip is really restricted, it will make scoring agendas a lot easier.

By the way, I only have 1 core, all of genesis, and only opening moves, double time, and H&P from spin cycle.

HB Brain damage deck April 2

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (11)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
3x False Lead (A Study in Static)
2x Project Wotan (Creation and Control)
3x Sentinel Defense Program (Creation and Control)

Asset (11)
2x Adonis Campaign (Core Set)
2x Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control)
3x Eve Campaign (Humanity's Shadow)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ••
2x Private Contracts (Cyber Exodus)

Upgrade (4)
1x Corporate Troubleshooter (Core Set)
3x Tyr's Hand (Creation and Control)

Operation (5)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Neural EMP (Core Set) ••••

Barrier (7)
2x Bastion (Creation and Control)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
2x Heimdall 1.0 (Core Set)

Code Gate (7)
2x Inazuma (Honor and Profit) ••••
3x Pop-up Window (Cyber Exodus) •••
2x Viktor 2.0 (Creation and Control)

Sentry (4)
2x Ichi 2.0 (Creation and Control)
2x Janus 1.0 (What Lies Ahead)
13 influence spent (max 15)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Just like my runner deck, I cobbled it together from lists I found online, and now I would like to streamline my deck. I find I have a lot of 2/3 cards, and wondering if I should boost some things to 3/3. I also am not too sure about the economy. With HB's big credit ICE, I feel like I need some more cash.

I included some fun agendas like sentinel defense program, for that one two punch. And False Lead to help with some surprise brain damage on my ice.

Tyr's Hand is included to give more surprise brain damage on ice as well.

Neural EMP is in there just in case the opportunity arises where I could flatline the runner.

I'm not too sure about the actual ICE I have in here. I tried to mix Barrier and Code Gate for a bunch of ETR with damage. I put in a couple of Sentry for some damage. I hope that the runner doesn't click right through everything. I was thinking about including Ruhr Valley, but at 6 credit rez cost, it's fairly expensive.

I put Pop-Up Window in because it's free to rez, and is a 2 credit swing everytime the runner passes through it. Not too sure if this is needed or not.

Inazuma seems like the right fit for some major brain damage.

I'm a bit worried about the super expensive costs of these ICE, and that I will be credit poor and can't rez them. Accelerated Beta Test might help with that, but it might not also.

Another issue that I have is that I'm only using 13/15 influence, which seems like I'm wasting something!

Any tips or suggestions would be awesome!! Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Cain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would certainly think of including Fenris in there. It's a free brain to anyone that tries to run without a sentry and ends the run. Especially with Corporate Troubleshooter in your deck already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Murphy
msg tools
Because asset spam is drip econ, I find it usually works best if you have a large amount of cheap ETR ice (like NEXT ice) as then you don't need a lot of credits early to get a basic defense up to delay the runner.

If a runner is diligent at all about trashing your econ assets, I don't see how you are going to be able to spring anything else on them given your lack of money, and the fact that everything else is bioroid and can be clicked through if necessary means that until you get everything set up and a large credit pool, you can't spring any tricks on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Barker
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys for the reply!

Grant, thanks for the recommendation. Fenris looks like it would be awesome in this deck. Sadly, I do not have the data pack that it's in. I will put it on my list next though!

Ian, thanks for pointing that out. You are totally correct in that assessment, and that's exactly what happened to me last game. Do you have any recommendations for ICE like this? Should I grab some operation economy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyr's Hand doesn't work the way you might think it works; the runner can re-break the subroutine after you use Tyr's Hand. It's pretty much only useful when the runner encounters a 2.0 Bioroid and can't break it with icebreakers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Barker
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh really? I interpreted it as prevent it from being broken, for the rest of the run, but I guess it doesn't say that. So let's say they break a subroutine using an icebreaker and 1 credit. I trash tyrs hand. They can just pay another credit to break it?

Hmm tyrs hand seems fairly useless then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
ibarker3 wrote:
Oh really? I interpreted it as prevent it from being broken, for the rest of the run, but I guess it doesn't say that. So let's say they break a subroutine using an icebreaker and 1 credit. I trash tyrs hand. They can just pay another credit to break it?

Exactly
Don't worry, we all thought the same thing as you when we first saw the card. If you're looking for a replacement, try Heinlen Grid, especially since you have False Lead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Barker
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, well I'm glad I know that, that could have been a bad play! So many small nuances with this game. I'll take a look into those replacements. Tyrs hand does seem like it'd be a good way to waste a runners click that they were using to break subroutines, but if it's credits, then it's not worth it.

It sounds like the issue with this deck is the drip economy. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You'll have to forgive my not remembering what packs cards come in but if the drip econ is a concern, try some burst cash instead. More operation economy like successful demonstration or celebrity gift, or assets like GRNDL refinery or melange mining can give you the quick cash you need. Obviously these cards have drawbacks too, so it might be worth experimenting to see which ones work best for you. I was going to suggest sweeps week, but that's a bit anti-synergetic with brain damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wanderingmystic
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:
ibarker3 wrote:

Exactly
Don't worry, we all thought the same thing as you when we first saw the card. If you're looking for a replacement, try Heinlen Grid, especially since you have False Lead.

Just remember you can't pop False Lead unless the runner can lose the full penalty of 2 clicks. So no False Leading the runner on a click 3 run. (Though this is less of a problem out of HB, where people run click 1 or 2 in order to HAVE enough clicks to get through Bioroids).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Barker
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. So I guess the issue with drip economy is that it takes a long time to get all of the money, and gives the runner more chance to trash it. But burst asset economy allows you to get a bunch before the runner has a chance to trash it. That's interesting.

Is a good tactic to play the drip assets early in the game, so runners don't have to spare cash to trash it? I'm guessing I should only use asset economy with a high trash cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's generally advised to get them out early, before the runner can get a strong economy themselves. Paying 4 to trash a turn 1 or 2 PAD campaign is really unappealing! Of course, if the runner chooses to leave it running, it's already done some work for you by the time they come and trash it.

Obviously be mindful of cards like Whizzard and imp though, they'll ruin your day unless you protect your assets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Barker
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah for sure. Adonis campaign has a trash cost of only 3, seems like I might need to ditch that. Eve campaign and private contracts have a trash of 5. Both might be good to keep for early game. Private contracts might be more of a burst economy, since I can click to get it. But that wastes clicks from other actions.

How about later game? Is there any economy cards that would synergize well? Successful demonstration looks like it could once I'm up and running.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Barker
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I tweaked the deck a bit. Hopefully it's a bit easier on the later economy. I took out adronis campaign, and added successful demonstration. I added in Bioroid Efficiency Research to help me rez Janus 1.0... which if the runner can break I'm toast anyways. But then I figure I can put a corporate troubleshooter behind it. I also decided to keep Tyr's Hand for now, because when it comes to Janus 1.0, cancelling click routine breaks would be fairly devastating. I debated between Tyr's and Ruhr Valley, but due to the cost of Ruhr Valley, Tyr's won out.

I also took out Pop-Up Window and put in Quandry instead.

Let me know what you think!

HB Brain damage deck April 2b

Haas-Bioroid: Engineering the Future (Core Set)

Agenda (11)
3x Accelerated Beta Test (Core Set)
3x False Lead (A Study in Static)
2x Project Wotan (Creation and Control)
3x Sentinel Defense Program (Creation and Control)

Asset (9)
2x Cerebral Overwriter (Creation and Control)
3x Eve Campaign (Humanity's Shadow)
2x Jackson Howard (Opening Moves) ••
2x Private Contracts (Cyber Exodus)

Upgrade (3)
1x Corporate Troubleshooter (Core Set)
2x Tyr's Hand (Creation and Control)

Operation (9)
2x Bioroid Efficiency Research (Creation and Control)
3x Hedge Fund (Core Set)
2x Neural EMP (Core Set) ••••
2x Successful Demonstration (Creation and Control)

Barrier (7)
2x Bastion (Creation and Control)
3x Eli 1.0 (Future Proof)
2x Heimdall 1.0 (Core Set)

Code Gate (6)
2x Inazuma (Honor and Profit) ••••
2x Quandary (Double Time)
2x Viktor 2.0 (Creation and Control)

Sentry (4)
2x Ichi 2.0 (Creation and Control)
2x Janus 1.0 (What Lies Ahead)
10 influence spent (max 15)
21 agenda points (between 20 and 21)
49 cards (min 45)
Cards up to Honor and Profit

Deck built on NetrunnerDB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may be misreading something but is there any particular reason you're running 21 agenda points? False Lead is good but I don't think it's that good.

EDIT: I used to run brain damage a lot before I've Had Worse came out. I can give better advice on this list and what I tried later tonight after work/league.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Barker
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope you aren't misreading anything. You are right! I removed one of the false leads. Now I'm at 20 points and it frees up one space for something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One free card slot...

Five free influence...

Brain damage deck...

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're thinking of running Heinlein Grid consider throwing in a Troll or two. Cheap to rez and they are really mean when combined in the same server.

EDIT: Added links.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls