Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle McCollum
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For component modifications, it says I can paint the minis, what about the bases? I want to dip the feet of the ship base in a rubber coating so they won't slide around my table, it is much cheaper than a play mat. Will this cause an issue according to the tournament rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccollumk1 wrote:
For component modifications, it says I can paint the minis, what about the bases? I want to dip the feet of the ship base in a rubber coating so they won't slide around my table, it is much cheaper than a play mat. Will this cause an issue according to the tournament rules?

Depending on how thick that rubber coating is, I'd say it can make a difference at the front "legs" because it makes inserting the tool more "flexible".

I wouldn't know what to say against dipping the back legs though, which should also give you some decent grip.

Alternately just do it and if they mind, peel it off right there. Shouldn't be too hard for rubber on plastic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Minneman
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Jackasses? You let a whole column get stalled and strafed on account of a couple of jackasses? What the hell's the matter with you?
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do end up doing this, could you please document it and put up a post describing how to do it? It sounds like a terrific idea for adding stability to bases, and I'd like to be able to do that for my models if it works out well for you. I'd rather not reinvent the wheel.

Thanks much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.