Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Kay
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"ACTION: Disable all of your remaining Shields and immediately perform an additional green or white maneuver."

If I perform this action on a Cloaked ship, would it allow me the additional maneuver? There's no clause about not being Cloaked and any action that requires disabling all remaining Shields doesn't care if I even have any, because it's not a specific amount (the exception being the Cloak action)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Jigsaw Man
United States
Goose Creek
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would allow it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since its all your remaining Shields instead of a specific number, it should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Typheron Joyzxqk
United Kingdom
Bathgate
Scotland
flag msg tools
Ordo Xenos | T.I.U.F.
badge
Set Phasers tae Malkey!
mbmbmbmbmb
you have no shields to disable when cloaked, therefore you cannot for fill the requirement of disabling any so I would go with no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Typheron wrote:
you have no shields to disable when cloaked, therefore you cannot for fill the requirement of disabling any so I would go with no.

This is true for something like Scotty that tells you to disable 2 shields. Anything that says "all your remaining shields", however, doesn't care how many you disable. It can be any number from zero to full (so long as it is all of your shields that are currently on their blue sides). This is why you can use such upgrades when your shields have been destroyed (or you never had any like the NX 01). Many of them also have the qualifier that you need to not be cloaked. Those that don't -- like this one -- are usable while cloaked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek B
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Many of the cards that say to "disable all of your remaining shields" also carry the caveat - "If your ship is not cloaked"

Picard does not, I would say he should work on a cloaked ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ting
Australia
flag msg tools
So on the NX-01, you could do a 2 come about, use Picard's action to do another 2 come about, and be back where you started? surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clark
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Maverick: I'll hit the brakes and he'll fly right by

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
wedge772 wrote:
So on the NX-01, you could do a 2 come about, use Picard's action to do another 2 come about, and be back where you started? surprise

I think that now tops the list of goof maneuver ships. It just unseated the Sutherland with Chekov and independent Fed fleet captain that jut did one reverse and one forward and cleared the APT each turn.

yourmonkey has it right. Anything that disables all remaining shields still functions if all your shields are destroyed, inactive or nonexistant. The only exception is cloak which disables all but requires at least one disable-able (that is a word, right?) shield.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Clark
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
I still put the Stargazer with Enhanced Hull Plating ahead of the NX. Clearing all of the auxiliary power tokens with green manoeuvres and ship actions just makes for a more resilient boat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Church14 wrote:
yourmonkey has it right. Anything that disables all remaining shields still functions if all your shields are destroyed, inactive or nonexistant. The only exception is cloak which disables all but requires at least one disable-able (that is a word, right?) shield.

Just to provide reference for those that want it: see page 19 of the STAW manual, under "Disabling Shields"...

Quote: "If a special ability requires a player to disable a specific number of Active Shields, then the ship must possess at least that many Active Shields in order for the player to use that special ability. However, if a special ability requires a player to disable all remaining shields, then the player is permitted to use that ability even if he has no Shield Tokens remaining." (emphasis is from the manual.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think two 1 comeabouts on the bajoran interceptor does one goofier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zinvictus wrote:
I think two 1 comeabouts on the bajoran interceptor does one goofier.

And if you give him Full Reverse, you can effectively do a 1 Reverse Come About.

edit: to say nothing of what he could do with a Romulan Flagship Scout with Double Back. Might as well put a Romulan Pilot on there too, just because you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.