Subject: Storage, alternative banners, markers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Stepnowski

Halethorpe
Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was looking for a storage solution and this is what I came up with. It works great in my opinion.

It is a 12"x12" container that fits all the golems except colossus. On the bottom of the container I added a 12"x12" galvanized steel sheet with a silicone adhesive. The steel sheet is there so magnets can stick to it. This keeps all the units compact, well organized, safe, and easily accessible.

I super-glued small magnets to the bottom of the figures. They fit underneath just perfectly. The key was using different size magnets for different size golems. You don't want the magnets too strong that it is too hard to pull the figure off of the steel sheet and you don't want them so week as they will fall off during transport.

Plus now that they have magnets underneath, I came up with an idea to make banner tokens. I never really liked the banners that came with the game but you do need a way to differentiate between figures at times so this was my solution. I printed out the banners with all the nembers on them cut them in circles. Glued small circular plexi-glass on top and steel washers underneath making them attract to magnets.

Lastly, like some others have done, I glued the tokens to poker chips. I made VP markers for different colors as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kindt Dalzen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some great ideas.

Thanks for sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Markovich
United States
Peoria
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the poker chip VP markers... very nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.