Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to an example on page 8 of the rule book, the yellow player has 5 APs and moves level with the blue marker, taking the leading position but forfeiting 1 AP. Why would he not go ahead of the blue marker ? Especially as the 3 VP space is one ahead. Are you not allowed to move further ahead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
steftymo wrote:
According to an example on page 8 of the rule book, the yellow player has 5 APs and moves level with the blue marker, taking the leading position but forfeiting 1 AP. Why would he not go ahead of the blue marker ? Especially as the 3 VP space is one ahead. Are you not allowed to move further ahead?

He could move further ahead. However, the assumption is that he wants to be on the Red space to be able to activate that next. If he moved forward to the 3-VP space, that is allowed but the next time White cubes came up, he would only be able to activate Brown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Tymoshyshyn
England
Liskeard
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I wondered whether that may be the reason. I just thought I may have missed something that said you couldn't move ahead of the leading marker.
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
steftymo wrote:
Yes I wondered whether that may be the reason. I just thought I may have missed something that said you couldn't move ahead of the leading marker.
Thanks.

No. In that case, how would you ever advance?

I also failed to mention that by him landing on top of blue, he is now start player. So if that is his goal, he has accomplished that in addition to being able to play red the next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.