BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Game Stop] Various Board Games On Sale [US] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevon Fredrico

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed game stop has many board games on sale.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/card-board-games?nav=28-rp0,1...

Some items to note:
Zombicide $73.97
Xwing Tie Fighter expansion $9.97
Castle Ravenloft $46.97

There are various others. The link goes to a sorted page with ships in 24 hours set to TRUE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Vreeland
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PSA: Supposedly Amiibo Preorders went live at 3:00pm EST on Gamestop's site. It's not going to load well for a few hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kd314
United States
cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Ravenloft is 37@ Walmart
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Castle-Ravenloft-A-D-D-Boardgame/1...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevon Fredrico

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beauty, the site is down right after I posted this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
raether wrote:
PSA: Supposedly Amiibo Preorders went live at 3:00pm EST on Gamestop's site. It's not going to load well for a few hours.

in store only

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Vreeland
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preorders are only available in store, but that doesn't stop the internet from hammering the connection trying to buy them anyway. Looks like they shut down the web site in response so the in store folks can do preorders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Panda Bear
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
I love CCGs/LCGs/Dice Games
badge
Everyday I'm Shufflin
mbmbmbmbmb
raether wrote:
Preorders are only available in store, but that doesn't stop the internet from hammering the connection trying to buy them anyway. Looks like they shut down the web site in response so the in store folks can do preorders.

Very poor business practices from the folks at Gamestop today. This is their tweet from yesterday "Pre-order this exclusive #Ness #amiibo in-store and online starting tomorrow at 2pm CT! http://shout.lt/ZLYV". All the new wave are already sold out and they are still processing in-store...also the website has been down over 45 minutes.

I'm only even paying attention to it as a favor to a friend but it's the biggest debacle I've seen, rivaling some game launches...and it's for some damn plastic figurines? Unreal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yauchy wrote:
raether wrote:

Very poor business practices from the folks at Gamestop today. This is their tweet from yesterday "Pre-order this exclusive #Ness #amiibo in-store and online starting tomorrow at 2pm CT! http://shout.lt/ZLYV". All the new wave are already sold out and they are still processing in-store...also the website has been down over 45 minutes.

I'm only even paying attention to it as a favor to a friend but it's the biggest debacle I've seen, rivaling some game launches...and it's for some damn plastic figurines? Unreal.

They never updated their tweet. Sometime later morning today, GS updated that to be in-store only at first to give all their regular customers a better shot at it then open it up online.
http://i.imgur.com/iO8Y5aE.jpg

Bummer, Ness would look so cool by my TV next to Villager. Guess it's $13ish more towards board games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yauchy wrote:
raether wrote:

I am glad I sold off my collection as a friend of mine was in the store for ~90 minutes just so they could preorder everything for their kids. Screw that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevon Fredrico

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This link is a bit better as it has all the marked down games:
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/card-board-games?nav=28-rp0,1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
christopher hudson
msg tools
Never trust Gamestop.com for board games.
I had a gift card for $20 and a coupon code so I could buy Lords of the Waterdeep brand new. Excited finding this game at gamestop.com i eagerly awaited my game. When I finally got my game the box was literally in tatters. Every edge of the game was crushed in, each side had alot of damage also. I was stunned, my new game was damaged, most of the seal opened, and the box itself will not hold up outside the wrapper.

I called gamestop and demanded another copy would be sent to me. The said no. they said "you can pay shipping to ship it back so we can refund you".

take my experience and learn from it. do not buy from gamestop.com
sobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesoblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
epicthinker wrote:
Never trust Gamestop.com for board games.
I had a gift card for $20 and a coupon code so I could buy Lords of the Waterdeep brand new. Excited finding this game at gamestop.com i eagerly awaited my game. When I finally got my game the box was literally in tatters. Every edge of the game was crushed in, each side had alot of damage also. I was stunned, my new game was damaged, most of the seal opened, and the box itself will not hold up outside the wrapper.

I called gamestop and demanded another copy would be sent to me. The said no. they said "you can pay shipping to ship it back so we can refund you".

take my experience and learn from it. do not buy from gamestop.com
sobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesobluesoblue
It seems the support experience varies wildly as I was able to get a refund without sending back the damaged game I received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.