Subject: Joe Dodgy not responding after post issue rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Semmel
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
9/5/14 : I placed an order (2 warcry CCG booster boxes) to that australian store from France and paid for 113 euros

9/8/14 : Order shipped with tracking by Joedodgy

9/18/14 : Tracking shows that my Parcel has been received against signature in a town in France, 700km far from my home.

2 hypothesis :
Either French post made a mistake (would be enormous as the parcel would have been delivered in hands of a person totally different from the address set on the tracked parcel), either Joedodgy wrote a wrong address (maybe more difficult to recognize a french address from another), either I don’t know!...

9/24/14 : I received another order from Jododgy corresponding to an ebay auction I won and paid almost at the same date. Nothing but good things to say about that one.

10/6/14 : After several mails from me, finally an answer, Mitch from Joedodgy (by the way very friendly) says he will see with Australian post. According to him, address used were good.

10/9/14 : Mitch says he raises an official enquiry to Australian post.

11/6/14 : Last answer from Joedodgy...

Since that, all my messages, and I sent many, by their site, by mail, by their facebook, have been left without answer!

Any idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Can you telephone them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daly
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
I guess that's what you get for buying from a company with "Dodgy" in the name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
jdaly72 wrote:
I guess that's what you get for buying from a company with "Dodgy" in the name.

I was about to say, "They don't call him Dodgy for nothing," . . . but you beat me to it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Finkelstein
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too late for this situation, but in general, always dispute with Paypal / credit card before that option expires if your situation has not yet been resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
There's no real point in Joe Dodgy contacting Australia Post about it (even though they should be pressing the matter). Aus Post makes it perfectly clear that once it leaves their hands, it is the responsibility of the other postal service (and they are also shockingly bad with respect to being held responsible for post that has something go wrong in their own hands). I've had screaming matches over the phone with them; they suck, and it is an institutional suck, not just one or two people. Their culture is "it isn't our fault, or our problem".

If you have some sort of information that shows where the parcel was signed for, perhaps you might make enquiries of the French postal service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Semmel
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Jason,

Of course I can understand that french post (I don't know about australian post) is a big entity difficult to deal with.

The lone informations I have had were the ones available on the parcel tracking site.

Of course, I have contacted french post. They confirmed only the informations available on the tracking site and redirected me to the sender for more informations.

By the way, they also sent me a letter informing me of the Australian post request and asking me to certify that I had not received the parcel. What I did.

What I ask from the vendor is:
1. To be informed regularly on the progress (or not) of the issue.
2. I imagine that with tracking there may be an insurance who should cover the vendor refund to me. At least there also, be informed, not ignored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Well, I'd say that both Joe Dodgy and Australia Post have put it in the too hard basket. Don't really know what else you could do to get them looking for your parcel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
You could try posting to their facebook wall about the problem where other potential customers might see it. They might just delete it, but it might also nudge them into a reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Billingham
Australia
North Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe Dodgy is a reputable retailer here in Australia. It sounds like something has gone wrong with the French Postal Service, since it has reached your country and been signed for. Have you contacted the French Postal Service? Sometimes parcels can be held up in depots for months, it happened to me over Christmas and it wasn't until I made an enquiry that suddenly things got moving. All the best with recovering your games/money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Semmel
France
Nantes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I already tried a few weeks ago to post on their facebook but as you say my post has been removed quickly. I finally wrote a (bad) rating 2 days ago. Up to onw it is still there...

I know they're still alive as they have initiated new ebay auctions but I'm afraid they have decided to ignore me as I don't get answers to my messages. It's certainly of less interest for them to spend time for a far away customer satisfaction...

Too bad, it seemed to be a great online store with an excellent (Mitch) contact...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.