Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have a good deck box they could suggest for this game so it would be easy to throw in a suitcase when I travel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight's deck boxes with the mini-storage for the trade slips?

Last time I repacked one of these, it was in a plastic project case with three other games my neighbor's daughter could take to her new school.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I don't think the trade role tiles will fit in the component part of the FFG one. They're too long (if I recall correctly).

I store my copy in with Machi Koro (and For Sale, for good measure) in the Machi Koro: Harbor box.

But prior to that, I've stored San Juan (to go) in an Ultra Pro deck box (for Magic the Gathering) with the trade & role tiles in the box with the cards.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/207570

But I believe it was a tight fit with the expansion cards, so the larger size box might be better, as it will surely fit (with some extra room for Love Letter or something).

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/178811

EDIT - I meant the 'role' tiles were too long to fit, not the 'trade' tiles, as was pointed out in a later reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked the Fantasy Flight box.

The trade tiles do fit in the small compartment, but the role tiles do not. However, the cards, role tiles and trade tiles all fit comfortably in the main compartment together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
My preference is to take the worlds most boring hard sided pencil box.

This one, actually

I can put 3-4 card games in there. I use archival elastic bands to hold them together, and for San Juan just stack the roles and trading tiles on top. But small baggies of game components also fit well in here.

(I'm the anal sort of gamer who takes the pencil and scorepad along too)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Cinnibar wrote:
Just checked the Fantasy Flight box.

The trade tiles do fit in the small compartment, but the role tiles do not. However, the cards, role tiles and trade tiles all fit comfortably in the main compartment together.

Good to know. The FFG box has an advantage over the UltraPro boxes, due to its hard-plastic sides. The UltraPro boxes use a softer plastic. The FFG one also has a nice pocket sleeve on the outside to use to put in a label for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric O.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lindyhopper wrote:
I don't think the trade role tiles will fit in the component part of the FFG one. They're too long (if I recall correctly).

I store my copy in with Machi Koro (and For Sale, for good measure) in the Machi Koro: Harbor box.

But prior to that, I've stored San Juan (to go) in an Ultra Pro deck box (for Magic the Gathering) with the trade & role tiles in the box with the cards.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/207570

But I believe it was a tight fit with the expansion cards, so the larger size box might be better, as it will surely fit (with some extra room for Love Letter or something).

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/178811

EDIT - I meant the 'role' tiles were too long to fit, not the 'trade' tiles, as was pointed out in a later reply.

I was looking at the FF deck boxes. If everything fits in the main compartment that works for me. Thank you everyone for the great ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is a PNP copy by:
J V
United States
Florence
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

It includes all cards from the original two mini-expansions as well, but the trade tiles and role tiles have been converted to cards. Plus, the cards are bridge-size. I don't remember how that compares to the original (or the reprint). But I found a soap tin lying around the house that worked perfectly.

I printed a mini-set of rules that snugs in with the cards to keep them from shifting, but the trade tiles would likely serve that purpose as well.
Or Crackbone created this custom label to be placed on a vhs case:

If you're on a tight budget, look around the house. You might be surprised at what you'll find. Something like a soap tin is a common find in a thrift store as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.