Subject: Inhalation, Exhalation and Urbanisation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a fun and cut-throat game on the Human Body map today. Before we started, two rules questions arose. The rules say:

"During the first turn, it is Inhalation, so all blue organs are considered red..."

and

"During the next turn (Exhalation) all red organs are considered blue (blue ones are blue)."

Our question was whether this only applies for the first and second turns of the game or are we supposed to alternate Inhalation and Exhalation for the rest of the game? We assumed the latter was the intention, but the rules do not specify.

Our second question was about Urbanisation and placing a new red or blue city onto the board. Do these new cities follow the same rules as existing blue and red cities and change colour each turn? I argued no, because they aren't "organs" (but then what are they?); another player argued yes, reasoning that "organs" is just the thematic term for cities in this expansion. We ruled that they would keep their usual colour, and it didn't really matter since whatever we decided would affect all players equally, but I'd like to know what the official ruling is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You alternate Inhalation and Exhalation for the rest of the game, you are an human Rich... =

Yes the new organ/city follows the same rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Junkie
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mb
We just tried the Human Body map today and we all loved it!

We considered new cities like regular organs. The game would have been much less demanding otherwise!

Also, the inhalation/exhalation rule took us by surprise, since we did not think it would have such a big impact on the game (it did).

Awesome map, Alban! thumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Canales wrote:
We just tried the Human Body map today and we all loved it!

We considered new cities like regular organs. The game would have been much less demanding otherwise!

Also, the inhalation/exhalation rule took us by surprise, since we did not think it would have such a big impact on the game (it did).

Awesome map, Alban! thumbsupthumbsup

Merci c'est sympa !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.