31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Quantum» Forums » General

Subject: More Quantum puzzles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre S
msg tools
Inspired by this puzzle from Moshimon, here are two more!
To solve these you need to place a cube. If there is any chance a dice roll could make you fail, the solution is not valid ^^
Just in case, opponents have 1 domination, 1 research, an empty scrapyard, and no command card.

Puzzle A
Start of your turn, you have 5 domination, 1 reseach, nothing in the scrapyard, and Tactical (Once per turn as a free action, move a ship a total of 1 space (you can attack with the move and/or use a special ability)).

Solution:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Reconfigure the bottom 3 and attack the 6 with a 1 or construct on one of the planets.

Puzzle B
Start of your turn, you have 4 domination, 1 research, nothing in the scrapyard, Ferocious (Substract 1 from your combat roll when attacking or defending) and Strategic (Any of your ships directly adjacent to another one of your ships receives a -2 to every combat roll).

Solution:
Move the 6 next to the 2, move the 2 one space down while transporting the 6 as far to the left as possible, destroy the 3 with your 1. Next turn your opponent won't be able to destroy your 2 or 6 no matter what he/she rolled, so you can construct during your next turn!

Puzzle C
Start of your turn, you have 2 domination, 1 research, nothing in the scrapyard, Intelligent, Rational and Flexible. You need to place 2 cubes to win.
The available Gambit cards are Aggression, Momentum and Relocation.
You need to know the game really really well to solve this one.

Solution:
Modify your 4 to a 5 then Flex it to a 6. Move it to the right orbital position of the planet 8 on which you can now Intelligently construct. End your turn by Relocating your opponents' only quantum cube to the planet 7. Next turn your opponent can destroy your 5 or your 6 but not both! Flex your 3 into a 4 then modify it to a 5. If your 5 was destroyed, move your 6 in orbital position of the planet it was next to. You can now construct : 8 + 3 (entanglement) = 5 + 6 or 5 + 5 + 1(Intelligent) et voila.

Puzzle D
Start of your turn, you have 4 domination, 1 research, nothing in the scrapyard, Cerebral, Clever and Precocious. You need to place 2 cubes to win.
Your opponent has a 3 and a 5 in his scrapyard.
The available Gambit cards are Sabotage, Relocation and Relocation.

Solution (which unfortunately no one found):
Construct. Strike the 6 with the 1 next to it without moving the 1, then reconfigure the 1 to a 2. It raised domination to 5 but drop it back to 4 in order to get +3 research up to 4. At the end of your turn you should draw two cards. Actually, replace them all instead of the first draw. If the second draw has:
- Aggression, use it to have 6 domination and win.
- Expansion, use it to place a 6 next to your 2 and win next turn (your opponent won't be able to destroy any of these two ships).
- Relocation, use it to place a 2 right of the planet you just constructed on, and two 6s above and below the same planet. Next turn you'll transport one of the 6s with a 2 and construct because your opponent can't stop you from doing so.
- If you have neither of the previous cards, you must have two Momentums. Use one to reconfigure a 1 to a 6 and place it nearby the same planet as your 2, then drop one domination for 3 research in order to use the second Momentum and construct on that planet.

Edit: dice outside the board were domination and research, not the scrapyard, sorry for the confusion!
Edit: moved the 6 of puzzle A to leave only one solution ><
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Glastonbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i think i have the 1st one:

place your scrapeyard battleship on the left side of the planet on the right (1st action). use the flagship ability to pick up the battleship then drop is next to the enemy scout (2nd action) use the flagship ability to attack the scout. no need to roll dice because attackers win on a tie. dominance becomes 6 so place cube with an action to spare! (I'd use the last action to place the 5 ship somewhere to be ready to construct a new cube

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Kuhlmann
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two possible solutions to problem A:

Place a five, then teleport it onto one of the three's location. Then use two actions to place a quantum cube.

Or: Place a 1, use your 2's ability to transport it next to the 6 by moving back and forth, then use your 1's ability to strike and kill the 6.

I am not sure that B is possible, but there is possibly some very clever solution I am missing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok so puzzle A

You can put the five on board and then shift with a five.

You can also use the tactical move to put the 2 in reach of the three, charge it and put it in order to construct the cube.

Puzzle B

Put the 6 next to the four. Move one next to four. Strategic will work as well if the one os next to the 6 when it will kill the four. But you need one more kill and I don't see it right now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FUN!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre S
msg tools
No puzzle was solved yet, despite from the clever attempts.
Sorry for the confusion, but in puzzle A there is nothing in the scrapyard, 5 and 1 are the mentionned domination and research!
Tactical counts as a move and no ship/die can move twice during the same turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My first attempt for the puzzle a was pityful. One more try:

i always played that tactical can't be used with a special ability but if it's possible you can move the 2 down the lowee 3 and then use tactical to put the two on the 8 planet and place the 3 ont he right side of the 8 planet. Then build the cube

For the puzzle B

The 1 on board move one than use ability to kill 3. Than scrapyard is put on board move one and kill the 4. Grap domination's cube. I'm not sure why I didn't see it immediatly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre S
msg tools
You solved puzzle A!
So I'm making it more difficult: the 6 is to be considered one space below. I'll change the visual tomorrow.

In puzzle B, the scrapyard is empty, so the solution is elsewhere!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I may have solved the B. The tricky one.

ok so contrary of my puzzles you say nothing about ending in one turn. So put the 6 in diagonal of the 2. Charge it, move the 2 one left just below the three and discharge the 6right to the three. Than attack the 3 with the one. With ferocious and strategic it's a sure kill. Next turn the opponent can do nothing as you roll minus 3 in all your rolls and the 6 is out of reach ! all he can do is reconfigure, hope for a three, but even with that he won't be able to attack the 6, the only killable dice. Next turn just charge the 6 on the 2 and put yourself in position to build a cube on the far right planete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Puzzle A:
- Use your free move to move the 2 one space up, next to the opponent's 6.
- Action 1: Using the 2's special ability, pick up the 3, move into the space vacated by the 3, drop the 3 diagonally into the other reachable orbital slot.
- Use the two remaining actions to build a cube.

Puzzle B:
- Use the 1's free move/attack to defeat the 4 (automatic because of Ferocious and Strategic). +1 domination.
- Use the 1's regular move/attack to defeat the 6. (Automatic again.) +1 domination.
- You now have six domination and get to place a cube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre S
msg tools
Moshimon you're getting close but
your 6 can get attacked by a 5 or 3 your opponent could have rerolled his destroyed 3 into.

Tim in puzzle A you moved the 2 twice in the same turn, which is forbidden even if the move was allowed by a command card. And the 6 is now to be considered one space below to make it more difficult.
In puzzle B your 1 moves by one then attacks with its special ability, but has no move or special ability left to attack the 6!

The new puzzle A with only one solution is left unsolved!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timm P
Germany
Bergkirchen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Pierre,

Great puzzles!
My Solution for (new) Puzzle A)

Free Tactical Move: Move Red 3 from E3 to E4
Warp special action: Red 3 on E4 switches with Red 2 on F5
Action 1: Red 2 picks up Red 3, moves from E4 to E3, drops Red 3 at F2
Action 2+3: construct cube on planet E2

(counting spaces with letters in horizontal and numbers in vertical orientation)
Still struggling with Puzzle B cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre S
msg tools
You solved the new puzzle A!
I said the 6 should be moved one space below but I meant above >< Now I really hope there is only one solution for this puzzle, a solution that works no matter where the 6 is.
There is a new visual showing it in the first post.

And I'm glad you like these ^^
Tried to work on a new puzzle, but nothing interesting has come up yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Your puzzle are very very good. I also stopped to make new ones because it's not that easy to come up with new ideas. My corrected solution for B:

For the B:
Ok I see what was wrong. So I put the six below the 2 and charge it on the 2 than move the two next to the 3 and the six on the far left 8 planet(A3 on the new image). Now it’s how of reach. The 1 attacking the 3 part haven't changed.

I need more time for the new version of A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I got the A ! It's clever as hell !

You just reconfigure the lowest 3:
If you get a 1: kill the 6 and you get dominance.
If you get a 2: charge the other 3 and build on the 7 planet
If you get a 3: free reroll
If you get a four: change for a 5 and you build on the upper 8 planet
If you get a 5: same as above
If you get a 6: free move to lower planet 7 and build

The two puzzles are very good brain burnerd. Way more well thought than mine !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moshimon wrote:
I got the A ! It's clever as hell !

You just reconfigure the lowest 3:
If you get a 1: kill the 6 and you get dominance.
If you get a 2: charge the other 3 and build on the 7 planet
If you get a 3: free reroll
If you get a four: change for a 5 and you build on the upper 8 planet
If you get a 5: same as above
If you get a 6: free move to lower planet 7 and build

The two puzzles are very good brain burnerd. Way more well thought than mine !

Indeed, this is a very clever solution. Although you did one smallish mistake.

If you get a 6, you obviously can't get the 7 planet by moving it here, 6+2=8, not 7. But you can just swap the 3 and the 2 to take the upper planet. Also, note that if you get a 2, it's the only case when you actually use the tactical card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Indeed. I got confused in my explanations when writing it. I was excited to have found the solution I guess !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphaël Langella
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moshimon wrote:
Your puzzle are very very good. I also stopped to make new ones because it's not that easy to come up with new ideas. My corrected solution for B:

For the B:
Ok I see what was wrong. So I put the six below the 2 and charge it on the 2 than move the two next to the 3 and the six on the far left 8 planet(A3 on the new image). Now it’s how of reach. The 1 attacking the 3 part haven't changed.

I need more time for the new version of A.

Hmm, yeah, that does seem to work. Although

it's true that you're opponent can't attack you, but he can go hide his dices in corners, denying you of your last domination. So, at that point, you ignore him and just take the left planet. The most efficient way to do so is to move the 6 next to the 2, then transport it to the bottom of the left-most planet, without moving the 2 (charge, move anywhere, move back, discharge, it's officially allowed). Of course, kill the 3 with the 1. I'm pretty sure your dices are safe at this point, so on turn 2, you build and you even have 1 action left.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah that' s the plan.
next turn it will be easy to charge the 6 with the two and build. The six is the weak one the other with your cards are out of reach for destruction. So he can have a five but he won't be able to make it to the 6. He can also reconfigure his dice of course but it will cost action. The only danger is a combination of a three and a five. But even if he reconfigures two dice he won't have enough move to bring the 5 to the six. He can use the free reconfigure of the 6 but he won't be able then to use the warp nor the moving diagonaly of the five.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schmitt
United States
South Portland
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pikiou wrote:

Tim in puzzle A you moved the 2 twice in the same turn, which is forbidden even if the move was allowed by a command card. And the 6 is now to be considered one space below to make it more difficult.
In puzzle B your 1 moves by one then attacks with its special ability, but has no move or special ability left to attack the 6!

Oops! Thanks. Good puzzles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre S
msg tools
Congrats on solving both puzzles! ^^
I added solutions to the initial post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre S
msg tools
Added puzzle C! Enjoy its complexity (unless there is a very simple solution I didn't think of...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
One more time, thanks for the very fun puzzles. I try to solve them when commuting. I have a solution for C but I don't think it's the one you were thinking about:

4 to 5 then flexible to bring it to 6. 6 is put right so you can build with intelligent. You then reposition the green cube from the left to the right planet. You have an entanglement so you are now authorize to build one more time on left or middle planet next turn. This is where your opponent is screwd. On his turn, with giving him all the best odds he can: kill your most up 6 with its six than... that is all. Even if he reconfigure one of his four and gain a 3 and that he can swap his six with his 3 he can not reach your other dice on the left planet. He can also use the 6 ability to chane it to a 2 and kill your one, reconfigure a 4 to a three, swap with his two than kill your five. But next turn you can put your 6 on the left planet 3 plus 6 equal 9 so you can build. There is nothing he can do so your are sure to be able to build next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre S
msg tools
That was quick! Congrats ^^ You solved it the way I intended.
So here is a puzzle D!

One tiny precision on your solution, Moshimon:
If you place your 6 on the upper orbital position of the planet, the opponent can destroy it with a 6, then reconfigure it to a 3, swap with his 4 modified into a 5, then destroy your 5! So your 6 needs to be at the right orbital position of the planet. I'm not sure if you meant it by "6 is put right" but I guess so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
si Mon
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Didn't thought of that in fact !

For puzzle D,
do we agree that you can't relocate to a higher number planet ? Or is it just a decoy ?

however you build, kill the 6 with the 1 ability then reconfigure your 1 to a two using astucieux. There is no way he can prevent you to build next turn as all your dice are out of reach and that he would need two actions to bring a six and a three on the table. Next turn just bring the 6 on the planet where your 2 is and build

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.