Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Coppola
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We love Tuscany with the specialized workers, so we wondered whether anyone had any thoughts on a potential variant:

1. All the specialized workers are available when someone decides to spend the extra lira to train a special worker, but each player may still have only two such workers.

2. Choose the two special workers that the normal rule allows, buy allow someone to spend an extra two or three lira to train one of the other special workers instead of the two otherwise available that game.

Your thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vincent: I can say from the design perspective that we considered that, but it was such an overload of information that even we found it tough to play with 3 special worker options, much less 11! Perhaps really experienced players could try it that way, but it's not only a ton of information to consider when training a worker, but it's also a lot of information to keep track of when the number of different worker types on the board starts to increase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Too many "special workers" is indeed an overload and the downfall of a game IMO for precisely the reasons Jamey mentions. I know that is what ruined ARGENT: THE CONSORTIUM in particular for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.