Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Wood
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Gunship: First Strike! A hit on Kickstarter and soon available as a PreOrder!
mbmbmbmbmb
So I had a credit left over at Shapeways and I asked my 3D modeler to find out the biggest gunship we could get with the money. Ended up with a nice-sized mini with a 5" wingspan. I sent it to a painter who gave it a nice silver finish but the markings were just impossible for him to paint by hand as they are very small and VERY squared. So, being that I am in the sign business, I figured maybe I could plot the tiny decals since I have the vector versions on hand. Below is the result! I had to place these one-by-one using the tip of my Exacto blade. Then, I heated them up with a heat gun to make sure they stay in place and/or conform to the ship in a few spots. Finally, I sprayed the whole thing with a Testors dullcoat because the decals were glossy and did not look right. I am very pleased with this sucker and it is now the crown jewel of my desk.

Flight stand is from Litko, Hangar foundation is printed vinyl mounted on grey PVC.

Some quick "before" pics...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Oleastri
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
WOW! "our" spaceship (I'm the designer of the ship) in the real world!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, now when can we get some for our Afterburners games? lol.

I would love to have some actual minis to put on the table for Gunship games. Don't forget to give some love to the MK II for us fans of that ship as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.