Tom Sievers
United States
Wauconda
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The maps are evocative, but, without a terrain key are occasionally ambiguous. For example, actual slope hexes are those with the contour line running through them. How then am I to interpret hexes 0907, 1007, and 1107 on map 93? Are they intended to indicate the actual slope in hex 1006, or are they supposed to be "Rocky" terrain? There are other similar hexes adjacent to slopes on these maps. A color terrain key would be a big help.
IIRC a very useful terrain key for PG: Saipan was made available on BBG as a download. Could something similar be made available here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
Sure I can make a terrain key up and post it.

I expect Jay will hop on soon and let you know with finality what the terrain type is for the hexes you mention--He's very active on here. That said, the elevation lines alone denote slope, the artwork is more flavor. I do not believe there was any rough terrain in this module, but that is indicated by a unique gray rocky hex--you can see the hex style on this map from 1967 (also a great module)

hexes 0214,0315, 0416 are instances

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Sievers
United States
Wauconda
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh! I see what you mean on the 1967 map. Thanks! That helped a lot. Really looking forward to playing Pusan and its future sequel!

I can understand that a color terrain key included in each game could boost the cost. I wonder if a black and white key could be included in the scenario book for each game though, since any individual title could prove to be the entry point for a new or inexperienced player. A color downloadable key could be made available through BGG, Consimworld or, perhaps best of all, the game description on the Avalanche Press site?

Again, I appreciate your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What Guy says is correct. No one ever notified me of terrain changes or types on the map once the game was completed. Terrain pictured on map #93 in hex 1107 is for visual effect but crossing the elevation line from 1107 to 1106, units would pay the slope movement rate and any units on hex 1106 would benefit from being at the higher elevation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Townsend
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
But it would be nice to see a terrain chart like Guy did for Saipan!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.