Popular Tags: [View All]
Noah Gadea
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read over the relevant section of these rules repeatedly and I'm still not in agreement with my group about how to understand them. The example scenarios laid out in the book unfortunately miss the circumstance I'm not sure about.

Okay so imagine ("+" being the Navigation icon):

An Asteroid Card has a requirement of 4 and +. If, during your turn, this card is at the very earliest position, with the + values at 1 & 2, can this Asteroid Card be acquired? Would you:

a) simply have to place a 4 and either a 1 or a 2 to acquire it.
b) be blocked from acquiring it until later because only 1s and 2s can be placed in that section and therefore 4s are blocked from being placed altogether.
c) ...something else?

The answer seems plainly obvious to me and my group but we're in disagreement. Help please! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
Brius wrote:
I've read over the relevant section of these rules repeatedly and I'm still not in agreement with my group about how to understand them. The example scenarios laid out in the book unfortunately miss the circumstance I'm not sure about.

Okay so imagine ("+" being the Navigation icon):

An Asteroid Card has a requirement of 4 and +. If, during your turn, this card is at the very earliest position, with the + values at 1 & 2, can this Asteroid Card be acquired? Would you:

a) simply have to place a 4 and either a 1 or a 2 to acquire it.
b) be blocked from acquiring it until later because only 1s and 2s can be placed in that section and therefore 4s are blocked from being placed altogether.
c) ...something else?

The answer seems plainly obvious to me and my group but we're in disagreement. Help please! Thanks!

B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Off to a poor start here then, because I say A. The 1 / 2 on the first station only applies to the + on the card.

The second example in the PnP rulebook (bottom of page 2) agrees with my interpretation: http://www.gamesalute.com/media/AF4th/OuterBelt_Print&Play.p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's option A!

- Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Gadea
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! For some reason I overlooked that example... is the print version of the rules slightly different?

Either way, thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, I'll have to double check my printed rule book, but either way I think I might prefer my interpretation (or house rule as it is) it sure makes the asteroid die roll tense. I'll try my next game with the official ruling before I decide.

I just reread the rules, and nothing I read disputed my inturpretation. The example in the PnP is not in the final rulebook. Perhaps this is something to address in future editions & the Big Box rulebook Game Salute is putting together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.