Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Steam» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about claiming a track rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A few question.

If i want I can start on 3 different tracks on a turn right? (I can build 3 tiles, so I can for example buidl 1 tile from 3 different cities, or start 3 different routs from the same cities etc, can I claim all of these? Or is claiming restricted to 1 per round?

And if I dont continue build on these 3 next turn I lose them right?

If I complete a link to a town can I still use my left over tiles to build somewhere else or from that city?

ON page 10 we see near the letter A on the left most picture a incomplete unowned track. black can every turn claim this as his own track right? when its his turn to build ofc. And if black claims it, and dont extend it he lose it. but can then claim it the next turn again right?

The only wah for some else to claim it, is to either build in to the open end, or build a track to that town and then just claim it as their ownm just like black can do every round?

I hope someone understands what I mean here? haha
This was written withe a ipad so sorry for weird
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:
If i want I can start on 3 different tracks on a turn right? (I can build 3 tiles, so I can for example buidl 1 tile from 3 different cities, or start 3 different routs from the same cities etc, can I claim all of these? Or is claiming restricted to 1 per round?
Yes, you can do that build. There's no 1/round restriction -- did you see something in the rules that implied that?

Tolchock wrote:
And if I dont continue build on these 3 next turn I lose them right?
Yes

Tolchock wrote:
If I complete a link to a town can I still use my left over tiles to build somewhere else or from that city?
Sure, why not?

Tolchock wrote:
ON page 10 we see near the letter A on the left most picture a incomplete unowned track. black can every turn claim this as his own track right? when its his turn to build ofc. And if black claims it, and dont extend it he lose it. but can then claim it the next turn again right?
Sounds right, but it'd be easier if you posted the picture.

Tolchock wrote:
The only wah for some else to claim it, is to either build in to the open end, or build a track to that town and then just claim it as their ownm just like black can do every round?
Or build from a city and connect to it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartosz Popow
Poland
Gdynia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, on your turn you can build one track from 3 different cities.
Claiming is not restricted to 1 per round.

I will not answer the rulebook question, because it's not in front of me. Although it is possible that you may abandon your route, and then you are the only person who can actually claim for some time (until other players reach that particular town).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maarten D. de Jong
Netherlands
Zaandam
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Tolchock wrote:
If i want I can start on 3 different tracks on a turn right? (I can build 3 tiles, so I can for example buidl 1 tile from 3 different cities, or start 3 different routs from the same cities etc, can I claim all of these? Or is claiming restricted to 1 per round?

Right (yes, yes, yes, no).

Quote:
And if I dont continue build on these 3 next turn I lose them right?

Right.

Quote:
If I complete a link to a town can I still use my left over tiles to build somewhere else or from that city?

Of course.

Quote:
ON page 10 we see near the letter A on the left most picture a incomplete unowned track. black can every turn claim this as his own track right? when its his turn to build ofc. And if black claims it, and dont extend it he lose it. but can then claim it the next turn again right?

Right, he loses it, right.

Quote:
The only wah for some else to claim it, is to either build in to the open end, or build a track to that town and then just claim it as their ownm just like black can do every round?

No. You cannot 'rob' someone of their track. As long as there is an ownership marker on a track, the owner decides what he'll do with it. And if someone urbanises a town with an uncompleted link in an adjacent hex, then that link suddenly has become completed and counts for its owner... irrespective of who urbanised the town.

But he can lose ownership by not extending the track, and that is when you can take control of it. Sometimes this loss of ownership is due to disinterest, sometimes due to a lack of money, and once the board begins to fill up it could even be the case that there simply isn't a correct continuation and/or redirection tile available. So while you cannot let two sections of track meet head-on (=|=|= .. =|=|=), you can have them meet T-wise. And in the T-case, the person owning the stem-portion is probably not going to like you a great deal from that moment on.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Chan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely you can let the tracks meet head on if they are both owned by the same player?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:

The only wah for some else to claim it, is to either build in to the open end, or build a track to that town and then just claim it as their ownm just like black can do every round?

What I mean here is, if no have claim this track, "black maybe have no interest in it) the only way another player can take it, is 1) to build so they have a track to that town and then imideatly claim that unowned track.
2) build track into the uncalimed link and therefore connect to it from its open end.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan White
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:

the only way another player can take it, is 1) to build so they have a track to that town and then imideatly claim that unowned track.

In this case I believe the claiming is not immediate but rather it occurs once that player extends the unowned track (having previously connected to the town of origin of the unowned track)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
serjordah wrote:
Tolchock wrote:

the only way another player can take it, is 1) to build so they have a track to that town and then imideatly claim that unowned track.

In this case I believe the claiming is not immediate but rather it occurs once that player extends the unowned track (having previously connected to the town of origin of the unowned track)

Ah okey, seems reasonable!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.