Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruno Pigeon
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, in the game I am played, an unspotted German mtr spotter appeared. He targeted immediately the unit that made him appear.

So, if the mortar hit. What happens to the Incoming VOF?

If the mortar miss, what happens to the incoming VOF?

Next turn, what dictates if there will be a Pending Fire Mission or incoming marker on the same target?

The sequence is a bit vague for me, and I would like some explanations.

Thanks!

Also, if you step on a mine, and you also receive fire. Are those two attacks resolved in a single card draw, or are they resolved separately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Lacock
United States
Wylie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

9.8 explains how and where the VOF goes.

Here are all the Enemy Spotter rules in one place. I think this will answer all your questions. Only do what the rules say to keep it simple.

https://sites.google.com/site/fieldsoffirebootcamp/rules-ref...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
super_bruno wrote:
So, in the game I am played, an unspotted German mtr spotter appeared. He targeted immediately the unit that made him appear.

So, if the mortar hit. What happens to the Incoming VOF?

If the mortar miss, what happens to the incoming VOF?

Next turn, what dictates if there will be a Pending Fire Mission or incoming marker on the same target?

You might have both, temporarily.

If the spotter successfully calls for fire, place a new Pending Fire Mission marker. The old Incoming goes away at the beginning of the Combat Phase, and the new Pending Fire Mission gets flipped to Incoming and resolved.

If the spotter fails to call for fire, the old Incoming! gets removed at the beginning of the Combat Phase and has no further effect. Keep in mind that Incoming VOF blocks LOS out of the targeted card (8.4), so when it's removed, the US units under fire could start firing out again - update VOF/PDF immediately.

If a spotter fails to call for fire, on subsequent turns, it may try again, and it might switch targets, since it doesn't have an Incoming! on the board anymore (see spotter targeting priorities 9.8).

Quote:
Also, if you step on a mine, and you also receive fire. Are those two attacks resolved in a single card draw, or are they resolved separately?

One attack, applying only the most severe VOF. Cross Fire, Grenade Miss, Concentrate Fire modifiers are still cumulative tho. The -4 Mine VOF only applies to units "hit" by the mine (drew a burst icon).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.