Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Chambliss
United States
Phenix City
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We have played this game 2 times and we have enjoyed it.
We have 2 set of the base game.

We played ffa and the hunter scenarios. We didn't like Ffa as it lead to gang ups that weren't fun.
How do you guys play faith 4 players?

Also we got the crisis packs all 4 of them. Do we just mix all the cards up to build our shop?

Who do you guys do this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Schoonmaker-Gates
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like playing hydra, with 2 teams of 2. You share authority (starting with 75 I think), and you can share trade and attack. The bases protect both players, but each player activates their own ally abilities. So my blue base can't activate my partners blue card's ally ability. You take your turn simultaneously with your partner.

I enjoy the collaboration and teamwork, and trying to beat your opponents. Its the only way I play 4 players Star Realm!

For Crisis packs, I believe you can do whatever you want. I'm planning on adding them slowly, probably starting with just the new bases and ships, and then later adding the events and heroes. I heard one of the events could be a game changer, but can't remember which one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Gauthier
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are using only one base set with all the crisis cards from the 4 packs, making the supply deck pretty thick.
So basically, I bought a second base set just for the starting decks of Vipers and Scouts, leaving that second supply deck unused as I find would make the supply deck we are using way to big.

We 1st tried FFA spreading the attacks between players starting with the most healthy, to prevent gang up and fast player elimination.
But that game play last for almost 1h30....way too long.

2nd game play was a Two-Headed Hydra and it was over after 30 minutes, which we think was perfect.

To Railbaron: The game changing card you're talking about is probably the event Bombardment "Each player either destroys a base they control or looses 6 Authority."
In a Hydra match up, it means 12 Authority if neither players have a base, and trust me, in that format, bases doesn't last for long...lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terra Nystrom
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We tried adding a full set of Crisis cards (all the packs) into one set of the game and they seemed to come up too often for our taste. We then mixed in another set of the game and now the ratio seems perfect. So my opinion is 2 games sets plus 1 full Crisis pack equals great game play.

I can't recall if we've ever actually played with four players...we play with three players a LOT, so it's everyone for themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
Hatchet Jack wrote:
We have played this game 2 times and we have enjoyed it.
We have 2 set of the base game.

We played ffa and the hunter scenarios. We didn't like Ffa as it lead to gang ups that weren't fun.
How do you guys play faith 4 players?

Also we got the crisis packs all 4 of them. Do we just mix all the cards up to build our shop?

Who do you guys do this?

I have all the crisis packs and have mixed them in. When playing with 3-4p, we play Free for all with one rule change: First kill wins. It makes the game not last for over an hour.

We only play with one base set and 15-20 explorers. We also have a full starting set for each player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Watson
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it depends on who you're playing with. FFA is a good way to do it, but only if you're playing with people who don't get easily offended. If you have those kinds of people, playing where you attack to your left, but get attacked from your right is probably better.

I shuffle all my cards from the crisis packs in together. It's super easy to adapt to the new cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin duda
United States
fremont
California
flag msg tools
We just played a ffa that only allowed proximity attacking. This made the person across from you somewhat of an ally, but somewhat not. It allowed for some good politics and the games lasted long enough for me to turn my deck into an 8-card machine of hate and kill everyone one by one.

But, then, our games don't really have any ganging up. My group is very good at spreading aggression so that you don't end up blowing your steam on someone to cripple them, while ignoring the guy who's staying powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.