Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddy Bugnot
France
Romilly Sur Seine
Aube
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was re-watching Predator yesterday and it got me thinking. What characters should be included in the game ? I'm pretty content with Alien Legendary, with the only characters which I feel are really missing being Vasquez and Vriess (wheelchair guy from Resurrection).

But for Predator ? Judging from the art pieces we've seen in the dice tower GAMA video, seems Blain and Dutch (of course) are confirmed. Though that leaves only two character spots for the movie.

That's rough ! I mean, can you really see a predator game without Mac, Billy, Dillon and Anna ?

I guess Anna could be included as a "character" much like Jonesy and Newt. Hawkins and Poncho would be nice to play as too, but they're kind of the backseat characters so I'd understand if they're not included.

Anyway. Could you choose between Dillon, Billy and Mac ? If any of them is missing I'll be pretty disappointed, that's for sure !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Clearihue
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The pics are probably gone by now, but I recall seeing pictures someone posted from the slideshow presentation, and there is a piece of artwork depicting Billy on that log bridge where he makes his final stand against the creature.

If that's what they have, then I'd say it's pretty safe to assume Billy will be one of the heroes as well.

I also agree that Anna will probably be the equivalent of the "found" ally you get in each Alien movie; Jonesy, Newt, etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Bugnot
France
Romilly Sur Seine
Aube
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so if Billy is also confirmed... That means we either get Mac OR Dillon (you son of a b*) That's a difficult choice... I love both characters. To be fair, Billy is also great.

Man this is tough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryin
United States
Paris
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There better be a "Get to da Choppa" card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Bugnot
France
Romilly Sur Seine
Aube
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha so many quotes would make great cards.

"Ain't got time to bleed"
"If it bleeds we can kill it"
"stick around" and "knock knock"
"SEXUAL TYRANNOSAURUS"
"Gonna have me some fun !"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Clearihue
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this on another thread, but I'll include it here too, just to show my work and verify I wasn't imagining things. I could have easily hallucinated the whole thing while reeling from FFG's plans for Star Wars tabletop releases over the next year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Johnson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Dang. Poncho had that sweet grenade launcher.

I kinda have a thing for 'nade launchers.

Well, they are focusing on just the first two movies... They could make some exceptions...

Just sayin'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Clearihue
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love for them to make a Hawkins set of heroes, if only to have the "names" of the cards all be references to his jokes he makes about his girlfriend's..."anatomy"

"Why did you say it twice?"
"I didn't"
*cue Billy's laughter*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Domican
Ireland
flag msg tools
I dont think I'd be happy missing any of the crew that went in to the jungle.
You got to have Danny Glover & Bill Paxtons characters if this covers both movies. Paxton alone would be awesome considering he's in Legendary Encounters Alien already
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elwyn Chow
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
GDomican wrote:
I dont think I'd be happy missing any of the crew that went in to the jungle.
You got to have Danny Glover & Bill Paxtons characters if this covers both movies. Paxton alone would be awesome considering he's in Legendary Encounters Alien already

This made me think of how Bill Paxton and Lance Henriksen have played characters killed in the Alien, Predator and Terminator franchises.

That leads me to want a Terminator Legendary Encounters game.

Also, we know the Alien Legendary Encounters can have an ALL Ripley set up with four of her. We can't get an all Bill Paxton setup or all Lance Henriksen setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dylan benton
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they don't have a Dillon card I'm out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Domican
Ireland
flag msg tools
elwyn5150 wrote:

This made me think of how Bill Paxton and Lance Henriksen have played characters killed in the Alien, Predator and Terminator franchises.

That leads me to want a Terminator Legendary Encounters game.

Jesus, how deep can this rabbit hole go?
Playing through Alien with Terminator Arnie as well as Predator Arnie, alongside both Paxtons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Head Zach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dylectric wrote:
If they don't have a Dillon card I'm out.

If they don't have a Dillon card with Coordinate that features just the handshake, I'm out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. Octatrack
United Kingdom
Rochdale
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
elwyn5150 wrote:
...a Terminator Legendary Encounters game.

YES PLEASE.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
badge
Jogo Rápido
mb
Geddon wrote:
elwyn5150 wrote:
...a Terminator Legendary Encounters game.

YES PLEASE.

OH YEAH! That would be awesome!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Robinson
United Kingdom
SLOUGH
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also love to see a LE: Terminator. But please only the 1st two movies.

Maybe even play the Terminator in both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hoffmann
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They included Alien Resurrection, which is one of the worst films ever, so I'd want all the Terminator films if they did a game. As is, I'm a little sad they didn't include all three Predator movies in this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Clearihue
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkKainDrg wrote:
Has it been confirmed who the 16 characters are? I'm curious what the second movie will have and what predator cards there are.

All the details can be found in the downloadable rulebook found here https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/119883/legendary-encounte...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.