Subject: NVA bot relocating rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Two questions in a single day (a single game, even)!

Situation is NVA bot relocates in a coup round.
All NVA bases are outside the south and already under NVA control. All NVA troops are in base spaces.
So, the last bullet under 8.6.6 applies and the bot choses 1 random base space adjacent to COIN control and places all troops not already adjacent to COIN control there.

In the situation at hand, the only possible source space is The Parrot's Beak, containing a whole bunch of troops, 2 bases and no guerillas (and is also not adjacent to COIN control).
The bases alone are sufficient to keep NVA control (the only thing mentioned keeping the bot from taking the troops), so does the bot really deploy all troops away, leaving the bases undefended?
Contrary to marches and rallies, there doesn't seem to be anything telling it to keep bases covered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. Fowler
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
We provide...
badge
The rich and powerful take what they want. We steal it back for you.
mbmbmbmbmb
RindFisch wrote:
Two questions in a single day (a single game, even)!

I'm only seeing one!
RindFisch wrote:
does the bot really deploy all troops away, leaving the bases undefended? Contrary to marches and rallies, there doesn't seem to be anything telling it to keep bases covered.

Very observant. Even though Rally and March priorities have safeguards to protect NVA Bases, here they're kinda sure that COIN isn't gonna drop in and wreck the place. So yes, they will Redeploy ALL Troops out of there, leaving the Bases unprotected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
Turbine2k5 wrote:

I'm only seeing one!

First question was in its own thread, but the botfather himself already answered it.

And thanks for confirming my suspicion about the fast and loose NVA play.
I feared I overlooked a general rule to not leave bases empty if possible somewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.