Subject: Sale on Google Play! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Eames
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just thought I'd mention. The Android version of San Juan is on sale on Google play atm for just £0.79 I think it was about £7 before so a bargain for anyone interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Brune
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. Tried it once and refunded before the two hours were up. Fancy animations but the game play on Condado is just better, plus has the expansion cards.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kevinquan....

Also in Condado the cards, though less picturesque, are readable on smaller screens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PlowStr8 wrote:
Also in Condado the cards, though less picturesque, are readable on smaller screens.
Ditto with what they did with Androminion. By cutting out all of the card art, you can fit a lot more on the screen at once. Compared to the iOS version with art, you need to switch between 2 screens. Another nice effect is the app's footprint is only a mere 2.45 MB!

Oh right, I did do a blog entry on this....
http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/39094/why-including-card-a...

Worth noting is that both versions are on 1st edition (although thus far, I think I would slightly prefer that)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonello Piemonte
Germany
munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
PlowStr8 wrote:
Thanks for the info. Tried it once and refunded before the two hours were up. Fancy animations but the game play on Condado is just better, plus has the expansion cards.

The reverse for me, tried Contado but it did not lure me in the game tough I quite like the "real" card game. So when the 'official' app came out I jumped right in and shortly after removed Contado from my devices. To each his own I guess ...

EDIT: I should add that I only play such card games on a 10" tablet ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Brune
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anto wrote:
PlowStr8 wrote:

The reverse for me, tried Contado but it did not lure me in the game tough I quite like the "real" card game. So when the 'official' app came out I jumped right in and shortly after removed Contado from my devices. To each his own I guess ...

EDIT: I should add that I only play such card games on a 10" tablet ...

I started with Condado before San Juan for Android was out. And now I'm hooked on things that are only in the expansion set, like events, and buildings like the Harbor and the Customs Office.

Though I'm looking forward to my first tablet one of these days for San Juan and more (revisiting Catan w/Cities & Knights, Carcassonne with Traders & Builders and Inns & Cathedrals. Alhambra.

Sort of debating the economics of rebuilding some of my old collection tablet-only, for tabletop play. The tablet plus the games would actually be hundreds of dollars less, plus I'd be able to play solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eames
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, I have many games on both formats real and on tablet and enjoy the chance to play against ai when there is noone about for the box versions. I did try Condado a while back and it never really gripped me like San Juan has... Maybe if I revisit it now it might.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.