1 Posts

Candy Land» Forums » Variants

Subject: Candyland: Marksman's Delight rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack P
msg tools
mb
CAVEAT: This game requires the use of firearms (or a suitably equivalent substitute) and was originally designed for play amongst trained and certified shooters. Please respect all laws where you live (in other words, don't do something illegal!).

OK, now... onto the good stuff!

Necessary game components:
- Game board
- Game cards

Additionally required items:
- at least .22LR rifle (or .177/.22 BB/pellet gun)
- at least 1 scope (for spotting)

Preface:
This is intended to be played at a proper gun range with the appropriate safety measures.

Setup:
Attach the game board to a target stand down-range; game plays out up-range.

Win Condition: Collect more cards than the other players prior to the deck running out.

Game play:
Determine turn order however you'd like - on your turn, flip the top card of the deck over and shoot out the corresponding color along the track (starting from the "START"). Flipping a card with double tiles means you must shoot out two appropriate tiles in sequence. Flipping a Special Tile card means you must shoot out the corresponding tile. You are only allowed one shot per tile displayed on the card. If you miss or shoot out the wrong tile (skipping ahead), the card is sent to the discard pile and your turn has ended. If you are successful, you collect the card and play moves to the next person. The player who collects the most cards after the deck runs out is the winner.

Recommended caliber is .22LR

The following rules can be implemented to increase difficulty:
- set a timer for each shot
- iron sight challenge (recommend the use of .177 or .22 BB/pellet guns)
- gun must be cleared after firing - if you forget, even if you've successfully shot your targets, no card!

After I came up with this rule variant, I've never been more excited to find a copy of Candyland in a thrift store! Sure, I get some really odd looks but trust me, you will never have more fun with Candyland!

(A Monopoly board makes for an easier game due to the larger sized hit-zones that correspond to each card)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.