Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Hutton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a query; In phase 3 it is possible to move the merchant to a village where you already have a market stall. But does this single move take the whole action, or are you allowed to move through a number of your own market stall villages before as part of the same action?

For example, if there are four villages in a line (A-B-C-D), and a player has market stalls on A, B, and C, is he allowed to move his merchant from A to D in a single action (paying half cost for moving to B and C and full cost to D if he is selling), or will this take three separate actions?

I would guess the game works either way, but it's not completely clear from the English rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Ornella
Germany
Malschenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Hutton wrote:
I have a query; In phase 3 it is possible to move the merchant to a village where you already have a market stall. But does this single move take the whole action, or are you allowed to move through a number of your own market stall villages before as part of the same action?

For example, if there are four villages in a line (A-B-C-D), and a player has market stalls on A, B, and C, is he allowed to move his merchant from A to D in a single action (paying half cost for moving to B and C and full cost to D if he is selling), or will this take three separate actions?

I would guess the game works either way, but it's not completely clear from the English rules.

You can move from A to D passing through the B and C with a Trade Station of your own.
You have to pay the entire cost for all the roads! So for instance if:
the road from A to B costs 5
the road from B to C costs 3
the road from C to D costs 2
you have to pay 10 Cash! Then you can sell to Village D.

If you decide to avoid to sell, you can still move from A to D, but you pay HALF of the cost of the ENTIRE travel that is 10 : 2 = 5.

Hope this can help to clarify
Ema

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hutton
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Emanuele,

Thanks for the reply. We actually played that each branch is half-price apart from the last. So a 5-3-2 movement would cost 2+1+2 = 5 rather than 5+3+2 = 10. But your approach will probably work better as it will make back-tracking less attractive.

One additional query; in the example you gave, if I have the 1/2 price movement tile in addition, does this halve the cost of the movement from 10 to 5? I presume yes.

Mike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Ornella
Germany
Malschenberg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The special Tile "Shortcut" works in the same way as I described for the "move without selling" action. So you just add all the road costs and then divide by 2 (round down).

Remmeber you can use this Tile only with the "to move and to sell" action (you cannot apply a division by 4 I mean if you "move without selling")...

Remember that the Shortcut is one shot only during your turn: you just decide in which travel you want to use and then you discard it.

Cheers,
ema

Mike Hutton wrote:
Emanuele,

Thanks for the reply. We actually played that each branch is half-price apart from the last. So a 5-3-2 movement would cost 2+1+2 = 5 rather than 5+3+2 = 10. But your approach will probably work better as it will make back-tracking less attractive.

One additional query; in the example you gave, if I have the 1/2 price movement tile in addition, does this halve the cost of the movement from 10 to 5? I presume yes.

Mike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Guijt
Netherlands
Rijnsburg
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that it wasn't allowed to move the merchant to a village where you already have a market stall.

Joker2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joker2 wrote:
I thought that it wasn't allowed to move the merchant to a village where you already have a market stall.

Correct. This isn't allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Joker2 wrote:

Joker2

You can move there just fine. You just can't sell there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emaorny wrote:
You can move from A to D passing through the B and C with a Trade Station of your own.

You can move from A to D in a single action (paying A-B plus B-C plus C-D cost), whether or not you have trade stations in B and C. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Cook
United Kingdom
Burton on Trent
Staffs
flag msg tools
badge
I'd agree with everything you were saying, if only you were right...
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
You can move from A to D in a single action (paying A-B plus B-C plus C-D cost), whether or not you have trade stations in B and C. Right?

Correct. You can move anywhere on the board (subject to paying the appropriate costs as detailed above) but you cannot SELL in a village where you already have a trade station.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Luker
United Kingdom
Faringdon
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
Not quite. You can move anywhere on the board but you can NOT STOP at any village where you already have a trade station. See Notes on Movement in rules...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.