Pandemic» Forums » Rules

Subject: Outbreak Clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

A quick clarification on outbreak rules. I was playing tonight and got into a situation where 3 interconnected cities created an enless loop of outbreaks.

Cities A and B had 3 cubes on then and C had 2, I drew a card for A whilch caused an outbreak at B and put a 3rd cube on C. The outbreak at B then caused an outbreak at C...

My question is, would the outbreak at C then cause another outbreak at A, thus putting me in an enless loop, or can a city only outbreak once per turn?

Thanks for the help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cities can only outbreak once per infection card. From my copy of the rules:

Quote:
Then, place cubes as above, except do not add a cube to cities that already had an outbreak (or a chain reaction outbreak) as part of resolving the current infection card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, that makes total sense!

Thanks man...we still ended up getting out butts kicked by the game - back to just 4 epidemic cards I think!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hansen
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dzny85 wrote:
Awesome, that makes total sense!

Thanks man...we still ended up getting out butts kicked by the game - back to just 4 epidemic cards I think!

That's the spirit - so what if the world just got wiped out; shuffle those cards, reset the pieces and try again!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thankfully for humanity, there's no infinite looping! Each city can only outbreak once for each city card drawn (but can outbreak multiple times a turn! Not pleasant...).

Great attitude! Go kick that game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.