Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Muir
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When using the Life Force spell, what counts as a wound? If I hit a 1 HP rat with a 7 HP blow, killing it, do I count 1 or 5 towards the spell. Considering the spell costs 5 to cast, 7 seems reasonable. Especcially since the warrior may not even land a blow!

What's the official way to use this spell?

Thanks,

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
we played 1, I think. So hit big things when you are under Life Force.

But I can't call that official.

also, don't you get a 'death blow' if you kill something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
epengr wrote:
When using the Life Force spell, what counts as a wound? If I hit a 1 HP rat with a 7 HP blow, killing it, do I count 1 or 5 towards the spell. Considering the spell costs 5 to cast, 7 seems reasonable. Especcially since the warrior may not even land a blow!

Thanks,

David

There's nothing "official"in old GW games.

We play that, in your example, only 1 wound would be considered for the spell. Hey, if you're a Wizard, it's better that you manage your spells better than casting "Life Force" when a measly Rat is all that can be killed!

Have fun! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you can cast it out of temporary power its all well and good. Using up power store in this instance would be foolish, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old Warrior
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
epengr wrote:

Thanks,

David

Here is the part of the wording of the spell that answers this question:
Quote:
For each Wound that Warrior inflicts this turn, after the targets Toughness and armour have been taken into account.
(RolePlay Book p. 56 I think, in the Spell List section). So, definitely and officially*, the 1 wound of the rat is all that could be used to heal. For each wound that warrior inflicts means just that inflicted wounds and not wounds that could have been inflicted.

However, I would hope that there were a whole five or six rats to take out with one nice death-blow by the warrior being used to fuel this healing spell.

*Note: I assume it to be official whenever the wording is clear, not that I disagree with adjusting the GW rules as desired during gameplay, for I do plenty of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.