Stone Age» Forums » General

Subject: Availability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I can't seem to find stone age at a reasonable price anywhere in the UK. I can't believe it's going out of print. Is there a new print coming? Apologies if there is somewhere really obvious that explains it but i can't find anything bar a tweet that the expansion is being rereleased before the Summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Availibility
Boardgame Guru has 'one' in stock for £32.99 plus £4.50 shipping.

There's also one on the BGG Marketplace for €27.00 +€12.00 P&P, which is around £28.48 total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I have it ordered via amazon for £33 with fre postage but I'm waiting for them to get it back in stock. Looking around i didn't see any other places with it in stock or they were over priced. £38 is pretty good though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
oldskoolsi wrote:
I have it ordered via amazon for £33 with fre postage but I'm waiting for them to get it back in stock. Looking around i didn't see any other places with it in stock or they were over priced. £38 is pretty good though.

£28.48 delivered is even better!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Availibility
True, but I couldn't see £28 for a new copy on the market place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patty Pilf
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
oldskoolsi wrote:
True, but I couldn't see £28 for a new copy on the market place.

Like New - Item just removed from shrink wrap. No wear and tear, all facets are intact.

Was it really worth forking out an extra £5, just for the 3 second task of removing the shrink wrap? Especially when your initial post was all about reasonable pricing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
You forgot the smell. That's worth at least £5. On top of that I always seem to find it hard to remove the plastic wrapping so I usually get at least 5 mins worth of value from that.

And seriously I would be suspicious of something claiming to be like new for only a few quid cheaper. If it was £20 all in for like new i might be interested. I would want it absolutely perfect for like new. It's more than likely there is nothing wrong with it but in the past I have been disappointed when buying like new. Whilst I would probably get my money back if there was something wrong, it's too much like effort. I'd rather wait a couple of months if there is a new print and pay £5 more. Someone else can pick up the bargain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maokai
msg tools
I found the game but in German. I can't read German, does it matter? a quick play-though didn't show any language specific cards (except the manual of-course?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Gough
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no language dependency whatsoever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maokai
msg tools
Great, thanks! :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Is there going to be a reprint of the base game releasing/available when the expansion reprint releases? I don't want to buy the base game off ebay if I can get it in a couple of months with the expansion reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chee Peng Ang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the reply I received from Z-man:

The reprint of Stone Age is currently in progress and the game should be back in stores before the summer.

In a word, soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Brilliant, thanks. I got an email from amazon that they anticipate shipping it at the end of this month and leisure games is allowing people to order it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Hebert
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing we are at the latter part of May now, and Summer is basically here, any news on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek J
United States
California
flag msg tools
I see it as in stock on the Z-Man games site for the full MSRP of $49.99.

There's also an Amazon seller right now who has the game in stock for around $55-60 (Toy Fuzz). I decided to pick it up from them since I have Amazon Prime so shipping would be negligible (as compared to paying for shipping from Z-Man).

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there still something going on here? Local game stores have only the expansion, and Amazon only has 3rd party sellers. Z-Man web site shows out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor De Boer
United States
Comstock Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
April 8th, 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it back out of print already? CSI had it for a hot minute but I didn't order it because they were out of stock on some of the other games I wanted to bundle it with. Now CSI has been out of stock on Stone Age for over a month. Did I miss the boat? Are there any retailers that still have this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is one retailer around me that has five copies, and they are the only one in my area that seems to have any. I've been wanting to pick the game up, but have been delaying until I could try to find it at a discount. I'm going later today to pick at least one copy up.

I'm considering a second copy to put on eBay. One recent sale there went for $90 (including free shipping). Shipping is going to be a bear on this because of the size and the weight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Mullins
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
UPDATE
I've seen the reprint in a local store finally, only $39.99 after their discount. Nice deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Povey
United Kingdom
Leek
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Just got it from Amazon.de and the expansion from Amazon.es £32 each shipped to the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I did the same - albeit the German version.. arrived quickly from amazon.de

Luckily only the instructions are in German, so you can get the English versoin easily online

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.