Subject: Simple component-identifying "contest" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: contest [+] [View All]
Magnus Engblom
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a boardgaming convention here in Finland and I made a simple component-identifying contest for the happening. The idea was to identify different components from pictures I've taken. Now I've put up the pictures used in the contest online and thought I'd share it in case you are interested in testing your knowledge:
http://www.lansankallionkuja.net/engblom/E-comp/ (sorry if the bandwidth is low, I've tried to compress the pictures sufficiently...the site is pop-up and ad-free)

The idea: The pictures 1-37 and persons 1-3 were used in the actual contest. The rule was that the games should have been available for purchase in Finland (the games are mostly "eurogames"). There are no duplicates in the games 1-37 but the guys on pictures 1-3 may be from games shown previously. In the games 1-37 you should identify the game from which the component(s) on the picture are taken. In persons 1-3 you should identify the historical person depicted (the person is named in the rules of the game) - the persons worked as a tie-breaker in the actual contest. The xtra pics were not used in the actual contest, but xtra1 was thought to be one of the persons and in xtra2 and xtra3 you should again identify the game .

The eurocoin on the pictures is to give a sense of size of the component(s) and in some cases to cover up some information devil

The best one on the convention got 29 of 37 and 2 of the persons correct.

The link to right answers is given on the bottom of the page.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Engblom
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick statistics from the actual contest:
22 people answered. The pictures were identified as follows (first number is the picture, the second is the amount of ppl who identified it correctly):

1 16
2 3
3 7
4 2
5 14
6 12
7 15
8 11
9 8
10 12
11 13
12 11
13 3
14 11
15 3
16 5
17 11
18 13
19 8
20 16
21 12
22 8
23 14
24 18
25 9
26 9
27 21
28 16
29 16
30 5
31 13
32 6
33 11
34 19
35 19
36 3
37 4
Person1 19
Person2 2
Person3 10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Pulles
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not bad... I managed to get 30 of them and recognised a couple of others. My memory isn't as bad as I thought it was.

I did a puzzle for our last Club newsletter, only it was "guess the game from its cardboard sprue:"

Check pages 15-16 here:
http://www.reginagamers.com/newsletters/Issue28.pdf

It's fun to put together puzzles like these, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Engblom
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim_P wrote:
It's fun to put together puzzles like these, isn't it?

I liked a lot to put it together. Finding devilish angles on the components and proper spots to cover with the euro-coin was quite fun. The only problem was my (+my brother's) limited gamecollection, but it turned out to be challenging enough for the convention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.