Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hadn't played this game in quite a while, but brought it over my buddy Adam's last night and we ran through a couple of games.

Game 1 I jumped to an early lead by using the Traitor card to rip a card away from a wedge he'd completed and place the card into my own formation on the other side of that same flag, allowing me to claim it. Very shortly afterward I claimed another flag adjacent to that same one, giving me a 2-0 lead. With two flags consecutive and two possibles to give me a breakthrough you'd think I'd feel confident, but I didn't. The cards were playing out in a way I didn't like and I was nervous about the opposite end of the line, which was still up for grabs.

A few plays later my hand had worsened significantly (all 1's, 2's, and 3's, none of which fit anywhere on the board) and Adam had cut the lead to 2-1. However, since Adam used a tactics card to claim his lone flag, this gave me the opportunity to play my own, Redeploy, which allowed me to move the single 9 I had on the last flag to my right and place it on the extreme left flag, allowing me to claim that flag and leaving the far right flag wide open for me to dump some cards into.

With a 3-1 lead, I played three 1's to the other end flag just to get them out of my hand, knowing well there was no way I'd be able to win that one. However, I was surprised after playing the 1's to draw a card I needed which allowed me to claim a flag in the middle of the line, giving me a 4-1 lead. I finally started to think I could pull it off...

...but unfortunately it was premature. I drew another assortment of 2's and 3's with no place to put them and things pretty much disintegrated for me as Adam took the last four flags for a come-from-behind victory, 5-4.

Game 2 I again jumped to a lead but this time didn't look back. I was put in an enviable position as Adam played Traitor early, giving me the opportunity to play the next tactics card. I held onto this advantage for dear life, choosing only to play the leader I'd drawn in a position where Adam had the final card to claim a flag in his hand and the card I needed to supersede him was already on the board. By that time Adam was in trouble and although my tactics play allowed him to play one of his own, that was the last tactics he was able to play for the game. In the endgame, up 4-2, I threw a card into a formation that basically gave it away to Adam, but this had the benefit of forcing Adam to ruin the only formation he had left to play in, giving me the game, 5-3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.