Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Becerra Aller
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello again

For clarity's sake, how's the timing and effect on a situation like this:

Using Thing, I chose "Punch" as my power against Mystique. It's time of Wits contest, and a Ninja of the Hand cards subtracts one of Wits rating. Lukcy for me, I have Nightcrawler's help.

So. I use NCrawler to roll 5 dice
the ninja reduce that to 4 dice
Mistique then impersonates me and roll...how much? one? four? five dice?

Are attack and defense rolls considered to be simultaneous? I mean, do I have the right to see my opponent's roll before deciding to use re-rolls, like daredevil's or add-ons like Spidey's arachnid sense?

Can a Villain use a Special Ability more than once in a single Combat Phase? More specific: Can Dormammu put away all my three allies by discarding three villain cards at the start of combat?

By having more than one Ready Hero on a Combat, I still don't have Support, so I can't re-roll "adders" on combat rolls, right?.

Kingpin's prologue ability can be used to play a Reinforcement Effect on any Mastemind Headline for free, right? From the spanish wording, it seems that it's only applied on the very combat against the Fat One himself, but it doesn't make much sense, since you cannot play any card on a Mastermind combat besides the Henchmen rating.

Thank you for such a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Di Meglio
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Caedes wrote:
Hello again

For clarity's sake, how's the timing and effect on a situation like this:

Using Thing, I chose "Punch" as my power against Mystique. It's time of Wits contest, and a Ninja of the Hand cards subtracts one of Wits rating. Lukcy for me, I have Nightcrawler's help.

So. I use NCrawler to roll 5 dice
the ninja reduce that to 4 dice
Mistique then impersonates me and roll...how much? one? four? five dice?

The ability refers to "the same number of dice", not "same rating", so you would roll 4 dice.

Quote:

Are attack and defense rolls considered to be simultaneous? I mean, do I have the right to see my opponent's roll before deciding to use re-rolls, like daredevil's or add-ons like Spidey's arachnid sense?

Rolls are not simultaneous. So if your opponent rolls first, you may decide to base your choice on the outcome of his roll. However if you are rolling first, you have to decide whether you want to reroll before your opponent rolls dice.

Quote:

Can a Villain use a Special Ability more than once in a single Combat Phase? More specific: Can Dormammu put away all my three allies by discarding three villain cards at the start of combat?

No, see "Timing of Special Abilities":
----------------
Abilities do not “stack”; that is, abilities may not be used multiple time to affect the same dice roll or value. For example, an ability that adds 1 to a rating or the result of a combat roll may not be used twice to add 2 to the rating or combat result. In another example, an ability that allows you to reroll a die may not be used twice to gain a second reroll.
----------------
the same goes for the ability you mention, it can not be activate three times in the same Combat Phase.

Quote:

By having more than one Ready Hero on a Combat, I still don't have Support, so I can't re-roll "adders" on combat rolls, right?.

Right. You get the benefit of "swapping" between Heroes but not the Boost to combat rolls.

Quote:

Kingpin's prologue ability can be used to play a Reinforcement Effect on any Mastemind Headline for free, right? From the spanish wording, it seems that it's only applied on the very combat against the Fat One himself, but it doesn't make much sense, since you cannot play any card on a Mastermind combat besides the Henchmen rating.

The Spanish wording is correct, essentially you get a free additional Henchman for Kingpin when you have a Challenge with him starting.

Quote:

Thank you for such a great game!

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils Cordes
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is sort of related, but then again - maybe not: Using the Thing during a fight, I discard a card to use my ready ability "Clobberin' Time". Upon rerolling, does the new number of hits add to the previous number of hits or is this just a way of getting a second chance.
As it's the Thing, I'd expect the hits of both rolls to make up a new total. That's what "clobbering" means, doesn't it?
I'm just not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juhani Nurminen
Finland
flag msg tools
I'm 100% sure it does NOT add, that'd be insane. You just reroll them and keep the roll you made. Second chance, for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nils Cordes
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right - that way the Thing would be just about unbeatable if you choose Punch (red) as your combat power. Basically you'd be able to roll 10 dice in two turns and I read somewhere that you're not allowed to roll more than 8 (which is all you have).
Then again, it's not a lot of clobbering if you just reroll all your dice and get just as bad a result as on your first try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juhani Nurminen
Finland
flag msg tools
Well, it isn't supposed to make the Thing destroy everything with a single punch.

Look at Thor. His ability adds a single dice to either attack or defense for his Hammer attack. Doesn't seem too powerful to me. If the thing added 5 dice to his attack, that'd be just plain wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tickbite wrote:
Right - that way the Thing would be just about unbeatable if you choose Punch (red) as your combat power. Basically you'd be able to roll 10 dice in two turns and I read somewhere that you're not allowed to roll more than 8 (which is all you have).
Then again, it's not a lot of clobbering if you just reroll all your dice and get just as bad a result as on your first try.

I thought of the 8 dice rule too, but that specifically excludes rerolls, so no help there. We are again forced to rely on common sense until we get an answer from the designers. Being able to have a second chance with five dice seems to make the power more on par with other heroes' powers so that's where I stand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.