Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: canada [+] alberta [+] lethbridge [+] [View All]
Susan F.
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There seems to be a growing number of Geeks in Lethbridge so - even though several of us crash the Calgary thread from time to time - I thought it would be handy to have our own thread. I moved to Lethbridge a couple of years ago (which makes me a bit of a newcomer) and I mostly play with either my family, with apotheos' group or online at SBW. I like a wide variety of games - light to heavy, abstract to themed, party to number-crunching. In fact, it's pretty hard to find a game I won't play (as evidenced by my ratings).

So, feel free to introduce yourselves and we'll see just how many folks we've got around here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M C
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Game group needed...
mbmbmbmbmb
I moved to Lethbridge a year and a half ago. I remembered a "Canadian Gamer" thread With Eddy the Funky Monkey bemoaning his lonesome fate in Lethbridge. I looked him up and we got together.

I'd like to get together more often but our schedules rarely seem to coincide...

I like many kinds of games. At least, I like to BUY many kinds of games. Hopefully I will get a chance to play some of them.

In any case, here's to some Lethbridge gaming! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harold Jansen
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Can I drive the bus?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a Lethbridge gamer, too, and finally got to meet Susan today, thanks to her hospitality! There are five registered Lethbridge geeks that I know of. Are there more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
We had a fun session today, although there was a conspicuous absence of a floating brain in a jar. Heres hoping we can continue to find time to game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan F.
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad everyone had a good time. If any other Lethbridge-ites are looking to meet some fellow Geeks, send me a PM. It'd be nice if we could meet up on a semi-regular basis; I'm guessing monthly-ish probably works best given everyone's busy schedules. I'm happy to host as long as nobody's too allergic to my little furballs (who shocked me by actually staying off the table all afternoon - normally, they like to "play too").

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel and Jared Van Bussel
Canada
Pincher Creek
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I are also moderately new to Lethbridge, now with a young child. We're always keen to try and play games though my schedule often makes that difficult. I'd like to speak for both of us, but me being at work right at this moment means that I'm only speaking for me. However, I *think* we'd be keen on getting together with the other Lethbridge gamers.

Keep us posted. And I'll have to check this site more often than I currently do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan F.
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jared, did Rachel by any chance work in a chem lab at the University? If so, I think I've met her.

I don't know what everyone's availability is like for December. My only free Saturday is the one coming up (Dec. 9th) - I have finals and/or family visits the rest of the month. So, if anyone's free on the 9th, let me know. Otherwise, we can try in January when schedules have lightened up a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel and Jared Van Bussel
Canada
Pincher Creek
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one Rachel Van Bussel in Canada that I know about. Our name is not all that common. She had mentioned that she met you when I found your name here. I think you may have also met my sister, taking a first-year chem.

This coming weekend is not likely good for me, but maybe Rachel (if you don't mind a baby). Midweek is also sometimes an option. January may also work.

-Jared

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I could be up for something this weekend. After that my daughter will be visiting until the 6th of January and it would be hard (but not impossible) for me to get away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan F.
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind a baby as long as the baby doesn't mind that I have cats. (I know some babies are sensitive to cat fur.)

I'll send out an email tomorrow with details. Jared, can you either email me (susan.lait@uleth.ca) or PM me so that I can get yours and Rachel's email address? I expect my sister will join us again, so that gives us one more person.

Edited to add: We could also consider a weeknight if that works better for people. I tend to teach a lot of evening classes which can make that more difficult for me. Next week, Wed/Thurs is out for me - and I expect my sister is out anytime this month after this weekend because she's got finals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Natasha Fairweather
Canada
flag msg tools
Any Lethbridge gamers still around? My partner and I would love to get together for some game nights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
I've since left the city for greener pastures, but I bet Susan L (above) is still around. I can attest that she is pretty fun to game with. Try messaging her via Geekmail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan F.
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, my sister and I are still around. I'll send you my email address via geekmail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Doktor
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
Well, just to keep the thread going I'll add on that my wife and I are looking for other gamers around too, Our 2 year old kind of limits our availability but you can message me on here if we're missing out on anything big

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Baxter
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
Supercalifragiliticexmealidocious
badge
Mars by 2050!
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget about coming to Calgary for CalCon in 2010, lots of kids and families there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan F.
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, FallCon will be coming up first... (also in Calgary; just Google FallCon and you should find the website; it's in September)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mbmb
We live in Regina, but my wife and I normally make it to Lethbridge once or twice a year to visit my brother and his family. We also, usually make an annual pilgrimmage to Waterton Park.

Are there any regularly scheduled game nights that we could pop in, say hi, and play a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Robertson
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Life is Short; Play Games!
badge
The BixCON Series of gaming events: A combination of Great Friends, Great Food, & Great Drink!
mbmb
What game stores do you recommend checking out while in Lethbridge? My wife and I will be there during the long weekend in May visiting family.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan F.
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the late response. I've been out of town.

I don't know that I'd really recommend any of our games stores, sadly. Showcase Comics has decent prices but is primarily a comic book store so does not have much selection. It's on 3rd Ave S between 12th and 13th Streets. Games Galore has a bit more selection but generally pretty outrageous prices. It's in Park Place Mall on 1st Ave S; inside the mall, it's a couple of stores from the Sears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I moved to Lethbridge with my wife and daughter a couple years ago. I moved here for a new job, and wound up starting my own small business and buying a house a little over a year ago. I'm an all-round gaming geek, into board games, card games, role-playing games, computer and console games ... you get the idea. I'd be interested in the occasional gaming get-together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Nyberg
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

Do any of you know where to buy Axis & Allies: Control the Fate of the World in Lethbridge? This game has also been called Axis & Allies Revised. It's not at Games Galore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Nyberg
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Never mind: I found it on ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Cheung
Canada
Lethbridge
Alberta
flag msg tools
I am interested in a board game get together. I am open to any type of games but i like dungeon crawlers the most. Hope no one minds that i am 14.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cecil Harkins
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Hey, I'm a gamer. I live in Lethbridge.

Is this a dead thread or is anybody still out there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian VD
Canada
flag msg tools
Zaporozhe wrote:
Hey, I'm a gamer. I live in Lethbridge.

Is this a dead thread or is anybody still out there?

Last reply to here was 2 years ago, but someone linked me here from another forum. I have a group mostly made up from friends from work that tries to get together once a week to play games, currently we're running a Risk:Legacy game, and we've been playing other stuff like Dominion, Sentinels, and BSG when we could get the people.

We don't drink when we play, but we do like to joke around but no crazy internet meme's 24/7. We're all in our 20's (mid to late) If you're interested in joining and want some more info. Send me a PM or reply here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.