Ed Bryan
United States
Barbourville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished my second BGG.con yesterday, and it was just great. I was a bit afraid the larger amount of people would change the feel of the event, but I was happily wrong. It was great seeing the folks I met last time, and meeting all the new people. It was a special treat for me, as I've just moved to KY from OK, and got to see quite a few friends I hadn't seen since I left; in addition I convinced my dad to fly out, and he had a great time as well, I'm pretty sure he'll be back next year.

My only big problem is I missed the first day! After being stuck at standstill for four hours behind a massive traffic accident, I missed my flight. The kind folks at Continental changed my ticket, for free I might add, and instead of arriving at Noon, it was closer to 1am. Since I had gotten up at 4 A.M. I decided to go to bed. Next morning I got up, almost bright eyed and bushy tailed, and went to play games. I had brought one game with me, Through the Ages, and I managed to play back to back games. I won the first one, though I later realized I had cheated, and came in a miserable 3rd in the second one. I defintely enjoyed the game, and it was much better than the hot Essen release Khronos.

Since I don't enjoy writing down details while playing games, the rest of the weekend is pretty much a blur.

Thank You so much to the whole BGG.con crew for such a wonderful event, and I'll be back next year!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.